Have you ever whipped your Chocolate Buttercream Frosting? Try replacing the milk with heavy cream for a much lighter texture.
I make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting a lot to top cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and even brownies.
It is easy to make, extremely delicious, and the best part of the cake. Chocolate Buttercream is a must on birthday cakes. It makes them that more special. This time I decided to replace the milk with heavy cream to make it lighter and fluffier. It had the same great taste, but it truly was lighter. It was also a little lighter in color. I will be adding heavy cream from now on to make my chocolate buttercream lighter and creamier.
Light & Fluffy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with the heavy cream.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter, Softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners sugar (1 pound package)
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cream butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy add vanilla.
- Sift powder sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, one cup at a time, alternating heavy cream and beating well on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla, and butter flavoring.
- Continue beating at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.