Are you ready for an easy sweet and salty perfect treat you can make in minutes?
What is the secret ingredient in these White Chocolate Candy Clusters?
The Secret Ingredient in these CHOCOLATE CANDY CLUSTERS
Last Christmas season was my first time making this recipe. A Recipes for our Daily Bread blog follower, Nadine B. from Okalahoma, sent me a recipe for these White Chocolate Candy Clusters. This sweet and salty combination got my attention. I had to try making them. Nadine told me when she made these treats everyone tries hard to guess what the special ingredient is. The secret ingredient is a can of Pringles. Yes, Pringles potato chips. I have always been a white chocolate fan, but when you mix melted white chocolate with the salty Pringles, peanuts and M & M’s, it is lip smacking good. Everyone will be trying to guess what is the crunchy salty thing? Who can go wrong with M & M’s? All of these ingredients add up to the perfect combination to make these white chocolate treats.
Boys In The Kitchen
I asked my twin boys to help me in the kitchen with this White Chocolate Candy Clusters. They are now 18 years old. Caleb is my special needs son, and Casey will be graduating from high school this year. I knew they would love to help me make these treats. I am always excited to get my older children involved in the kitchen. The older they get, the less time they have at home. When Casey and Carly are home, they are super busy studying. Casey is taking five college classes and playing sports his senior year in high school. Carly is in her second year of medical school that she does nothing but study.
Making these White Chocolate Candy Clusters with family
Anyway, we had a great time making these treats. The only problem was as soon as we opened the Pringles, M & M’s, and peanuts they began to sneak bites. What are teenage boys for? I think it is a game when these two are in the kitchen together to see if they can sneak a bite without me catching them. Casey also does it because he knows Caleb will laugh and laugh at him.
Caleb my Special Needs Son
If Casey can get Caleb started laughing, Caleb will normally burst into a huge big belly laugh like Santa Claus, and you cannot stop him. Casey is good at getting Caleb to laugh. What is a twin brother for? Caleb is a man of few words with his cerebral palsy, memory loss, processing problems, and selective mutism, so it is always JOY to hear him laughing. I am not sure Caleb realizes he is completely giving away the fact that Casey is doing something he should not be doing or maybe he is laughing so I will catch him. Either way, I enjoyed making these White Chocolate Candy Clusters with Pringles with my big boys.
- Add, One cup Spanish or Dry Roasted peanuts
- And, one twelve ounce package white chocolate chips
- One can Original Pringles, crushed
- Next, add one cup Christmas M & M's, plain
- I double this recipe and use the entire 12-ounce bag of M& M's about 2½ cups.
- Instructions for White Chocolate Candy Clusters:
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. You can also use a double broiler.
- If using the microwave, microwave the chocolate for 1 minute and stir well until smooth. If you need more time, only microwave 10 to 15 seconds at a time and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add crushed Pringles, peanuts and M & M's. Mix until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons on waxed paper or parchment paper until they harden.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.