If you enjoy Apple Pie and Apple Crumble, this Apple Pie Crumble in an Individual Puff Pastry recipe is the best of both desserts.
I use my favorite apple pie recipe and stuffed it into individual puff pastries. Each puff pastry sheet was cut to fit large muffin tins.
Apple Pie Crumble in Individual Puff Pastry
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crumble. The butter needs to be softened, not melted. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Thaw the box puff pastry according to the directions. 2 sheets of puff pastry dough are in every box. I used both sheets of dough. I cut each sheet into 4 equal parts for JUMBO muffin tins. Cut each pastry into 6 equal parts for REGULAR muffin tins.
- Place the individual puff pastry into each muffin tin.
- Prick the sides and bottom of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Add to the apples the flour, brown sugar, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Divide the apple filling evenly into the individual puff pastry.
- Divide the crumble evenly over the pie filling and press down.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until Golden Brown.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.