If you enjoy Apple Pie and Apple Crumble, this Puff Pastry Apple Pie Crumble is the best of both desserts. It is quick and easy to make and tastes fabulous.
I used my favorite apple pie recipe and stuffed it into individual puff pastries. Cut each puff pastry sheet to fit jumbo muffin tins. If you never worked with puff pastry dough, no worries. I am going to give you lots of tips.
First Step: Apples
Chop the apples into small pieces. The apple pieces need to be smaller than you see below to get done the same time as the puff pastry. Cut the pieces about 1/2 by 1/2 inch.
Second Step: Apple Pie Seasonings
Combine the flour, brown sugar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg with the apples. Set the mixture to the side and work on the puff pastry.
Third Step: Puff Pastry
You will need Cut e
If you do this step before getting your apple mixture ready, put the puff pastry in the refrigerator.
Fourth Step: Apple Pie Filling
Fill each jumbo muffin tin equally with the apple pie filling.
Fifth Step: Apple Pie Crumble
Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, chopped pecans, and cinnamon. With a large fork, cut in the small slices of softened butter.
Divide the apple pie crumble evenly over the six jumbo puff pastry apple pies.
Six-Step: Bake the Puff Pastry Apple Pie Crumble
Bake, the Puff Pastry Apple Pie, Crumble at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes for the large muffin tin. For a regular size muffin tin, bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Puff pastry requires high heat for a short time to puff up. Make sure your apples are diced small.
Apple Pie Crumble in Individual Puff Pastry
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Add to the apples the flour, brown sugar, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Mix well and set to the side.
- After thawing the box puff pastry according to the directions. 2 sheets of puff pastry dough are in every box. I used both sheets of dough. I cut each sheet into 4 equal parts for JUMBO muffin tins. Cut each pastry into 6 equal parts for REGULAR muffin tins.
- Place the individual puff pastry into each muffin tin.
- Prick the sides and bottom of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Divide the apple filling evenly into the individual puff pastry.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crumble. The butter needs to be softened, not melted. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Divide the crumble evenly over the pie filling and press down.
- Bake 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until Golden Brown.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.