If you enjoy Apple Pie and Apple Crumble, this Apple Pie Crumble in an Individual Puff Pastry recipe is the best of both desserts.
I use my favorite apple pie recipe and stuffed it into individual puff pastries. Each puff pastry sheet was cut to fit large muffin tins.
Mix the sugar, spices, water,[/caption]
Apple Pie Crumble in Individual Puff Pastry
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crumble. The butter needs to be softened, not melted. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Thaw the box puff pastry according to the directions. 2 sheets of puff pastry dough are in every box. I used both sheets of dough. I cut each sheet into 4 equal parts for JUMBO muffin tins. Cut each pastry into 6 equal parts for REGULAR muffin tins.
- Place the individual puff pastry into each muffin tin.
- Prick the sides and bottom of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Add to the apples the flour, brown sugar, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Divide the apple filling evenly into the individual puff pastry.
- Divide the crumble evenly over the pie filling and press down.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until Golden Brown.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.