Have you tried topping your Deviled Eggs with Bacon? It is a perfect combination. You have to make these delicious deviled eggs.
Add the bacon just before serving these eggs.
I usually make devil eggs for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holidays. If I have any leftovers, they get eaten for breakfast the next morning. That is how much my family loves deviled eggs.
Top Your Deviled Eggs With Bacon
This time, I decided to fry some crispy bacon and top the deviled eggs with the bacon. They were truly the best eggs I have ever eaten. The salty, crunchy bacon with the eggs was a perfect combination. I guess that is why a lot of people eat Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast. When cooking for a holiday meal, my children also help. Carly always prepares the devil eggs. Typically, she uses a swirl tip to pipe the filling into the center of the eggs perfectly. That is my extremely organized perfectionist! At first, she complained about the bacon covering up her pretty eggs but quickly stopped complaining after tasting these eggs.
Tips For Making Hard Boiled Eggs
When making hard-boiled eggs, put all the eggs in already-boiling water, then turn the heat down to a simmer and leave them for 10 minutes. In the pot, they boiled in, rinse the boiled eggs in cold water to cool them quickly which makes them easier to peel. Gently shake the eggs back and forth in the pot. The peelings will crack and start to fall off. Peel the eggs.
Do you have an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker? Use It for Hard Boiled Eggs
An Instant Pot makes perfect hard-boiled eggs every time using the 5, 5, 5, rule
To make 18 large eggs:
- Insert a steam rack in Instant Pot
- Place one cup water in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Secure the lid
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high 5 minutes
- Let the pressure cooker NATURAL RELEASE 5 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked eggs to a large bowl of ice water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Peel and serve.
Tips: Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs that are closer to their expiration date will peel easier than fresher eggs.
- Organic, brown, or farm-fresh eggs are harder to peel.
Deviled Egg Recipe – I have never used a recipe when fixing deviled eggs. This time, I wrote down the ingredients as my daughter Carly made these deviled eggs.
“Bacon and Eggs”-Deviled Eggs
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
- Next, mash up the yolk with a fork and mix all the other ingredients with the egg yolks.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the center of the egg whites.
- Sprinkle top of eggs with Cajun seasoning OR paprika.
- Crumble the crispy bacon and add it to the top of each egg.
- BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
- BEST BACON BROCCOLI SALAD
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD DRESSING
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- BEST SOUTHERN WHITE BEANS
- SOUTHERN BLACK-EYED PEAS
- BROCCOLI YELLOW RICE CASSEROLE
- SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- BEST DEVILED EGGS – “BACON AND EGGS”
- LAYERED LETTUCE SALAD
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.