Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread. I am so glad you landed here on this delicious Baked Pineapple Cheese Casserole.
Baked Pineapple Cheese Casserole
It is considered a side dish and not a dessert. This sweet and salty casserole includes pineapple with sugar and flour, cheddar cheese layer, Ritz Crackers and butter, and pecans on top.
This Baked Pineapple Cheese Casserole is sweet, but the sharp cheddar compliments the sweetness well. The crackers and butter give it a little crunch. Pineapple Cheese Casserole is an Old Fashioned Southern Recipe, and most people end with the top layer of butter and crackers. I have always added a layer of chopped pecans on top. Why? The south is full of pecans, and I love them. I also think they go very well with pineapple.
Picnic Or Potluck
If you have a picnic or potluck, take this Baked Pineapple Cheese Casserole. It is unusual, and people will rave about it. It is a must with ham! I normally fix a ham at Easter and Christmas. When I mention the word ham in my house, someone asks if I am going to make this Pineapple Cheese Casserole.Print
- One 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits with juice (crushed pineapple works too)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Six tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 cups grated medium-sharp cheddar cheese (any sharp cheese works well)
- One sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pineapple, sugar, and flour.
- Place this pineapple mixture on the bottom of a 8 x 8-inch dish that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Top with crushed crackers mixed with melted butter.
- Next, Layer the shredded cheese.
- Add 1 cup of chopped pecans on the top of the butter and crackers.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.