Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar, Pecans, Marshmellow, Cinnamon, and Butter.
These Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect excuse to eat dessert as a side dish. In the South, we actually call this recipe a side dish. It is a far stretch for even me but it is a fabulous, indulgent treat perfect for your holiday table.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
GET THESE RECIPES SENT TO YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!
Best Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Soups
BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Truly these delicious stuffed sweet potatoes are one of my favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas side dishes. When I think about sweet potatoes, this recipe is the first thing that comes to my mind. The topping is like candy with its crunchy, gooey, chewy texture. They are easier to fix than a classic southern sweet potato casserole, no peeling and cutting potatoes, which means we can prepare them more often. If you are serving other side dishes with these sweet potatoes, you may want to use small potatoes. They are filling. These potatoes are fantastic on any holiday table.
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Six large or 8 medium sweet potatoes
- One stick butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup marshmallows
- large or 8 medium sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes. Prick the sweet potatoes in several places and put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center goes in easily.
- In a large bowl, mix
- stick soften real butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour together until it's crumbly looking.
- Mix the 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1 cup chopped pecans, and 1 cup marshmallows and fold into brown sugar, flour and butter mixture.
- Slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise down the center and push the ends towards the middle, so it opens up like a baked potato.
- Stuff the sweet potatoes generously with the topping and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and brown.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.