Make this tasty Balsamic Caprese Chicken quick and easy. A simple step to making elegant balsamic glaze even if you don’t cook, you can whip this recipe up in minutes.
To make this Balsamic Caprese Chicken you will need the following ingredients: chicken breast, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, pesto, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato, fresh basil leaves. You will also need some balsamic glaze. No Worries, I am going to teach you how easy it is to make.
Low Carb – Keto Recipe
To make this Balsamic Caprese Chicken Keto-friendly, simply eliminate the sliced tomatoes. The chicken has eight carbs with the sliced tomatoes. Be sure to see additional delicious low carb recipes below.
This Balsamic Caprese Chicken post includes both a one-pan oven version and an easy skillet recipe.
How did I come up with this Chicken recipe?
For a quick and easy weekday meal, I prepare a lot of chicken breast recipes both in the skillet and in the oven. Here are some of my favorites; you can whip up in no time.
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- KETO PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN BREAST
- BBQ SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST
- STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST MUSHROOM SAUCE
Because my TOMATO BASIL CAPRESE, FRESH AND EASY TOMATO CUCUMBER PASTA SALAD and CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD – TUSCAN SALAD are popular posts and made with fresh tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, I created this BALSAMIC CAPRESE CHICKEN.
First Step: Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Second Step: Prepare The Chicken Breast
- Begin the cooking process by trimming the fat. Place the chicken on a cutting board. Trim the fat and look for any bones that were left on the chicken.
- After you have finished trimming the chicken breasts, dry them with a disposable paper towel.
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
Third Step: Bake the Chicken Breast
- When the chicken reaches at least 160 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the oven.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. DO NOT TURN THE OVEN OFF.
Fourth Step: Layer on The Goodies
Begin by adding a tablespoon of pesto, add two slices of tomato, a 2 – 3 basil leaves, plus two slices of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
Fifth Step: Continue Baking the Chicken
Continue baking the chicken until cheese is gooey about 5 to 10 minutes, and the chicken reaches 165 F. degrees.
What Is Balsamic Glaze?
Balsamic glaze is an Italian condiment. Homemade balsamic glaze is easy to make. To make balsamic glaze, bring 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil then simmer it until it reduces to 1/3 to ¼ cup. You will need to watch it and stir the vinegar often. That’s it! All you need is one ingredient and a simple process.
Skillet version Balsamic Caprese Chicken Breast
- Pound chicken breast thin between two pieces of plastic. Getting the chicken the same thickness will allow all the chicken breasts to cook evenly.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet. I use avocado oil.
- Add salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- Cook about 4-6 minutes per side. The time will depend on the thickness.
- Try to get a good browning on each side of the chicken breast.
- When the chicken is cooked, drizzle with balsamic syrup, top with fresh mozzarella and tomato slices.
- Place a lid on the skillet and allow the cheese to melt.
- Drizzle with more balsamic syrup before serving.
- Top this chicken with fresh basil before serving.
Other Chicken Recipes You Will Enjoy
- PIZZA RECIPE
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- KETO PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- KETO CHICKEN BACON RANCH
- CAJUN SKILLET CHICKEN
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms STUFFED Chicken
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
- Read my post about Gotham Steel.
BALSAMIC CAPRESE CHICKEN
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until it reaches 160 degrees about 20 to 25 minutes. This will depend on the thickness of your chicken.
- While the chicken is in the oven, add one cup of balsamic vinegar in a pot using medium heat. Simmer the vinegar until it reduces to about 1/3 cup. Watch the vinegar and stir it often.
- Remove the chicken from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto per chicken breast.
- Next, add two slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Stack the basil up on top of each other and roll it up like a tiny stick. Cut the basil into thin pieces and add it on top of the cheese.
- On top of the basil, add two slices of tomato.
- Return the chicken back to the oven and bake until it reaches 165 F. degrees and the cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted and the chicken is done, remove it from the oven. Plate the chicken and drizzle on the balsamic glaze. Trust me! You will want a lot of the glaze.
Whip up this Skillet Honey Mustard Chicken breast is less than 30 minutes using heavy cream, honey mustard, bacon, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. The flavors are fantastic! I prepared this Honey Mustard Chicken with a low carb Honey Mustard, but it would be fabulous with regular honey mustard too. My favorite is G. Hughes SUGAR-FREE Honey Mustard, which my local Walmart carries.
Flavorful, low carb Keto BBQ Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats are cheesy and easy to make. These zucchini boats are an excellent way for your entire family to eat a healthier low carb tasty meal. If you have a picky family, I am pretty sure they will love the fabulous flavor of these BBQ Zucchini Boats. For me to stick to a low carb diet, I had to find a low carb BBQ sauce. I tried several sauces and finally found one that my family could not even tell it was low carb. If you are a barbeque sauce fan, you have to try G. Hughes SmokeHouseSUGAR-FREE BBQ Sauce. It has one carb in a tablespoon, but you only need a small amount to add some flavor.
Familiar pizza flavors are piled on this delicious butterflied chicken breast to create a healthy, tasty, keto recipe. Most importantly, it is fabulous and a must on a Keto diet. This Chicken Breast is full of flavors with a low carb flavorful Tomato Basil Sauce made by Rao’s. Rao’s has four carbohydrates per 1/2 cup. You only need a couple of tablespoons of sauce per chicken breast.
This Cajun Skillet Chicken cooks fast after you butterfly a whole chicken. It is easy to prepare plus, extraordinarily juicy, and flavorful. This post will teach you each step to a fabulous meal.
Italian Zucchini Boats Are Perfect For An Easy Weeknight Meal The Whole Family Will Love. These Italian Zucchini Boats are perfect for a Keto, low carb, a diet using a low carb marinara sauce.