I am very thankful you have landed here. This Skillet Banana Bread is super moist delicious with tons of banana flavor.
Skillet Banana Bread makes the best breakfast, snack or dessert topped with delicious homemade caramel sauce.
What is in this banana bread?
Four bananas in this bread make it super moist and flavorful. The original recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trish YearWood. To her recipe, I add chocolate chips and bake it in my favorite thing my cast iron skillet. The cast iron skillet gives the bread the best crunchy sides, bottom, and top while keeping the inside of the bread super moist.
I simply cream the butter and sugar and add the eggs and bananas. I sifted the dry ingredients and add them to the cream mixture with the buttermilk. The buttermilk is another secret to the super moist and terrific flavor. I melted some butter in my cast iron skillet and added the banana bread batter to the skillet. Next, I baked the banana bread for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
For a special dessert, try serving this banana bread warm and drizzle homemade caramel sauce over the top. The caramel is a simple sauce made with butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and vanilla.
The basic banana bread recipe came from Trish Yearwood’s cookbook Georgia Cooking In An Oklahoma Kitchen. I added chocolate chips and caramel sauce. I cooked the banana bread in a cast iron skillet instead of two loaf pans.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.Print
- 3/4 cup of butter plus 1/4 cup (2 sticks total)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Two large eggs
- 4 bananas
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Six tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Six tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- With an electric mix, cream 3/4 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Mix in the bananas and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, soda, and salt. Use a whisk to blend well.
- Alternate the flour mixture and the buttermilk in the cream mixture
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Add the banana bread batter.
- Cook 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until testing the center with a toothpick comes out clean.
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Add the butter, sugar, and heavy cream to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and spoon warm glaze over banana bread.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.