This BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad Is a big hit with all my kids.
My youngest daughter, Diana, loves anything and everything made with pasta. My teenage boys love bacon and barbecue. I love pasta salads. This BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta includes all our favorites with step by step instructions.
What is in this Pasta Salad?
This BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta includes chicken, bacon, barbecue sauce, cheese, ranch dressing, tomatoes, and pasta which go great together.
Pasta salads are easy to prepare and are ready to eat without even warming them. Pasta salads are the perfect dishes to make ahead of time for your family or a crowd. It is high school baseball season in my house which means a lot of games during the week and on weekends. I normally have a tub of sandwiches already prepared and ready to grab some of them and go. I also have at least one of my pasta salads, Italian shrimp Pasta Salad, Greek Chicken Pasta Salad, Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad, Balsamic Vinegar Pasta Salad, Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, to eat no matter what time we get home. Sometimes, it can be really late, but we always have something ready to eat.
Where did I get this BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta idea?
We mix barbecue sauce and ranch together for a dressing after eating it years ago at a restaurant. I am constantly thinking about what to have ready to eat after a baseball game. My kids really enjoy my other pasta salads, so I decided to try a similar version using a barbecue ranch mixture for the dressing. It turned out really good. I like all of these kinds of pasta best when serving them immediately after making them. The rest of my family likes these kinds of pasta best, including this BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta, after they have been in the refrigerator awhile. However you decide to try it, it will be really delicious.
BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- 3 BBQ chicken breast chopped
- 12 ounces spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 6 pieces bacon cooked hard and crumbled
- Cut the chicken breast up into bite sizes, I use leftover BBQ chicken, but you could also bake some in the oven.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped chicken, cooked and drained pasta, ranch dressing, bbq sauce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and 6 pieces of bacon cooked hard and crumbled.
- Mix well and serve or refrigerate.