What could be better than this BBQ Bacon Spinach?
BBQ BACON SPINACH CHICKEN BREAST
Lately, it seems like I have less and less time to put dinner on the table. When I know, I am not going to have much time for dinner. I rely on my favorite helper in the kitchen which is my Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker. But when I have not planned a meal for my crock-pot, this Blackened Barbecue Bacon Spinach Chicken Breast is a huge hit with my family and me. This chicken helps me get dinner on the table with a few ingredients and not much time. I get a lot of my recipe ideas by watching what my family likes to order when we eat out. In restaurants, my big kids love to order a barbecue chicken breast covered in cheese and bacon. This chicken breast I prepare at home is similar, but I add spinach. It is not only easy to make, but it is so delicious with a sweet barbecue sauce, spinach, oozy gooey cheese, and salty bacon. All of these ingredients make a delicious, easy meal.
With five kids, I understand life can be extremely busy. I have children in homeschool, public school, private school, medical school, and school activities. I have three dogs and a husband with an extremely demanding work schedule. I need easy recipes like this barbecue chicken to help me put dinner on the table quickly.
BBQ Bacon Spinach Chicken Breast
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Blackening seasoning per chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach per chicken breast
- Two pieces sliced cheddar cheese per chicken breast
- Two pieces bacon per chicken breast cooked hard
- Two tablespoons barbecue sauce per chicken breast
- Cook the bacon until it is hard. See my oven fried bacon recipe at recipesforourdailybread.com
- Sprinkle chicken with blackening seasoning
- Bake 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Spread the barbecue sauce on the chicken breast
- Top with fresh spinach
- Add two pieces of cheese on top of the spinach.
- Top the cheese with two slices of bacon that have been cooked hard.
- Cook 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until Cheese is melted.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.