Do you love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Do you like BBQ Sauce? If so, you will fall in love with this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese with Bacon.
I am not much for cold sandwiches except my Chicken Salad with Apples and Grapes, and my kicked up Egg Salad Sandwiches. The warm ooey-gooey sandwich that has cheese stringing down your chin when you take a big bite is my kind of sandwich. Grilled cheese is hot and gooey and makes me happy. In this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese, I combined my love for grilled cheese with my love for bbq chicken.
I dream about my husbands grilled BBQ Chicken. It is amazing and a must for any summer grilling but when I cannot have his chicken this fantastic BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese is my first choice for any meal. It is loaded with melted stringy cheese, BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Chicken. I could seriously eat this sandwich daily, and it would take years to get tired it. You have to give this kicked up grilled cheese a try soon. You will need to grab a napkin to wipe the deliciousness off your chin.
How do I prepare BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese?
Butterfly Your Chicken For This BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
After seasoning and cooking chicken breast in the oven, I slice the chicken in half like you would if you were butterflying it. See Video. I prepared my Oven Fried Bacon at the same time I cooked the chicken. To put this sandwich together, I added my favorite bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, sweet onion (optional), and lots of cheese.
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Secret
Add a layer of Mayonaise to the outside of the bread. The bread will turn golden brown every time. I picked up this trick from watching Chef Wolfgang Puck grilling a panini.Print
- 2 pieces French Bread
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and butterfly chicken but cut it completely through.
- Purple onion, one thin slice
- 3 slices Colby or Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ sauce, about 1 – 2 tablespoon per slice of bread
- Mayo the outside of a piece of bread and place it on a flat grill
- Add BBQ sauce to the top side of the bread
- A Slice of cheese
- And, a slice of chicken that has been butterflied all the way through on top of the bread
- Layer a couple of pieces of bacon
- Add a slice of purple or sweet onion (optional)
- Next, add two slices of cheese on top of the bacon
- Spread BBQ sauce on the second piece of bread and place it on top of the bacon and chicken
- Add a layer of mayonnaise to the outside of the bread
- Grill until golden brown and gooey
If you are looking for additional grilled cheese sandwiches, check out these recipes.
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese
- Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Grown Up Grilled Cheese with Spinach
- Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese
- Ham & Pineapple Grilled Cheese
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.