I am so thankful you have landed here. BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza is incredibly easy to make using frozen dinner rolls.
What do you need to make this easy skillet pizza?
You begin with a cast iron skillet and add frozen dinner rolls. After the dinner rolls have risen, you smash them down and add BBQ sauce, chopped chicken, purple onion, and Mozzarella cheese. It is easy to make and tastes terrific.
Like most people, we always have a pizza night. Sometimes we order pizza, but most of the time we make it. I like to try different types of homemade pizzas. I will add pictures and links to my homemade pizzas on the next pages of this post. This BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza is my personal favorite. Because you use frozen dinner rolls, it is easy to make and tastes similar to a homemade pizza crust. The cast iron skillet helps get the crust crunchy the way I love my pizza. The combination of bbq sauce, chicken, and sweet onion are perfect together. This BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza is overall a wonderfully simple, tasty pizza.
- 50 ONE-DISH DINNERS
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Skillet
- SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM
- BBQ SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST
- 4 INGREDIENT SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN BREAST
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
HOW TO MAKE EASY DEEP DISH BBQ CHICKEN SKILLET PIZZA
- 14 from dinner rolls if using a 10-inch skillet. This is for a deep dish crust.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Two boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ of small purple onion sliced thin
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Add ¾ teaspoon salt
- And ¾ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Plus ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Place 14 frozen dinner rolls into a 10 inch cast iron skillet that has been rubbed with a little vegetable oil.
- Allow rolls to thaw and rise as directed on the package.
- After they rise, press them down into the skillet using a glass. Use your fingers to press the rolls up the sides of the skillet.
- Use a fork, and prick the dough all over.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly tan.
- While the dough is rising, season both sides of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and chop into bite size pieces.
- After the dough rises, mash it down flat into the skillet and up the sides of the skillet.
- Add 3/4 cup barbecue sauce on the top of the pizza dough.
- Chop the chicken and add it to the top of the pizza dough and the bbq sauce.
- Add a layer of very thin slices of purple onion.
- Top this with 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.