This Warm Berry Compote is simple to make and I am going to teach you how to make it.
If you love berries, you will fall in love with this compote. It is amazing drizzled on everything. My favorite ways to eat this berry compote is over shortcake, angel food cake, ice cream, pound cake, and even pancakes and waffles. To take these desserts up to an even higher level, try adding some White Chocolate Ganache drizzled over the Berry Compote on them. I added both the berry compote and the white chocolate ganache recipe below.
Top Secret for your ears only!
If you do not have time to make a homemade dessert, no problem! Simply purchase a store bought a pound cake, angel food cake and more and topped it off with this berry compote and white chocolate ganache. Everyone will think you make the entire dessert from scratch.
My family’s favorite cake is Caleb’s Comfort Pound Cake. Caleb is my special needs son who has cerebral palsy, seizures and has had 17 brain surgeries. I started baking with him before he could walk. Baking was a fun activity to help Caleb with his memory. He is now 18 years old, and he has baked a lot of pound cakes including the one below. You can read about Pound Cake. Caleb’s PecanPrint
- 1 cup strawberries
- And, 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- Plus, 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water if using fresh berries and not frozen
- One lemon, juice of the lemon plus the zest of the lemon
- One tablespoon cornstarch (typically do not add the cornstarch)
- I like all the juiceI
- Add all ingredients to a medium size pot.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm over your favorite dessert.
This White Chocolate Ganache goes perfectly with this berry compote on everything. Simply drizzle the ganache over the Berry Compote.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Slowly melt one 11 ounce pack Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Continually stirring until the chocolate is warm and completely melted.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.