We always enjoy these fantastic Apple Fritters every time we are on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN at The Apple Barn Restaurant.
This summer I used this recipe to make Peach Fritters which turned out delicious. Since it is fall, I could not wait to make the Apple Fritters which also turned out excellent. If you use this recipe for Peach or Apple Fritters, you will not be disappointed. I adapted the original recipe by adding some cinnamon, nutmeg and an extra cup of chopped apples.
Apple Fritters Recipe – Adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook. I added one teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to their recipe and an extra cup of chopped apples.
BEST Apple Fritters-TN
- In a large bowl, Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix just until everything is moist.
- Add enough oil to cover at least half of the fritters.
- Drop the fritters into 350-degree oil using a large ice cream scoop. (I use vegetable oil.)
- Brown on all sides about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- After removing them from the hot oil, immediately Sprinkle the fritters with powdered sugar.
- FRESH APPLE CAKE
- FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- BEST PUMPKIN BREAD
- OATMEAL BUTTERFINGER COOKIES
- PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.