Broccoli Salad is a terrific make-ahead side dish that everyone will love.
What is in this easy broccoli salad?
This delicious broccoli salad includes two bunches of fresh broccoli, raisins or dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, carrots, purple onion, mayo, sugar or honey, and bacon.
COLORFUL BACON BROCCOLI SALAD
Your mouth will do a Happy Dance with the crunch, sweetness, and saltiness from the bacon in this Salad. It is so YUMMY! I use mayonnaise and honey for the dressing. I enjoy this combination with the sweetness of the Craisins, the red onion, the salty, crunchy bacon and sunflower seeds with the broccoli. Who wouldn’t eat their broccoli in this salad? I could eat this broccoli salad all the time. If you have family members who do not like broccoli, have them try this salad.
BACON BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING
Since this Salad includes a slightly sweet dressing, they may like this broccoli. The dressing is a simple combination of Mayonaise and sugar. For a healthier dressing, use honey, but you may want to increase it to four tablespoons.
If you enjoy broccoli, you may enjoy my Broccoli Rice & Cheese Casserole too.
My Broccoli Salad is featured on Recipe Magic.
To make this salad, you simply chop everything and toss it together with the dressing.
- This dressing is simple but incredibly delicious. It includes mayonnaise and honey or mayonnaise and sugar and set aside. If you use honey, add four tablespoons.
- Fresh bacon is fantastic in this salad. Cook your bacon in the oven while chopping the vegetables. See my blog for Oven-Fried Bacon. The easiest way to cook bacon.
- Chop the broccoli and onions. Grate the carrots.
- Next, you add the sunflower seeds and the Craisins to the broccoli, carrots, and onion.
- You finish this broccoli salad by tossing all ingredients well with the prepared dressing.
Save the broccoli stems to make cole slaw. Simply place the broccoli stems in a food processor or grater until you reach slaw consistency.
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 CLASSIC SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE AWESOME COLORFUL BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON
- Chop the broccoli into very small pieces.
- Cook the bacon hard and crumble it up.
- Dice the purple onion finely.
- Combine the sugar and mayo for the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate. Use within 2 days.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- FRESH APPLE CAKE
- SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD DRESSING
- PECAN PIE THAT NEVER FAILS
- CAJUN POTATO SALAD SHRIMP
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
- DUCK COMMANDER DUCK DYNASTY CREAM CHEESE PIE
- NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.