Everyone loves a good Cobb Salad, and this one is fabulous! This salad is the best cobb salad! It is kicked up with lots of flavors.
This Cobb Salad includes blackened chicken, bacon, smoked ham, Avocado, boiled eggs, blue cheese, tomatoes, and homemade Cayenne Ranch dressing. It is truly the Best Cobb Salad.
Do you enjoy a Cobb Salad? This Cobb salad is kicked up with blackened chicken and a delicious Cayenne Ranch dressing. This dressing nor the chicken is too spicy, but it adds tons of flavor to a basic salad.
Ordering Cobb Salads In Restaurants
My husband loves Cobb salads, and I was noticing he has been ordering them a lot lately when we eat out. After a few bites of one of his salads, I did not see why he liked Cobb salads so much. The Cobb salad tasted as I had always thought, boring. I told my husband, Jerry, I was going to make him a Cobb Salad that would beat the taste of all the salads from his favorite restaurants. Jerry and my son, Casey, agreed that this Cobb salad was the best they had ever had, which is why I called it the Best Cobb Salad.
Best Cobb Salad
- COBB SALAD RECIPE FOR 5 SERVINGS
- 7 ounce pack Romaine Lettuce chopped and divided into 5 portions which about 1 cup each.
- 5 eggs boiled - 1 per person
- 1 Avocado chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound smoked ham chopped - I used Petti Jean Smoked Ham, divided equally between 5 servings
- 2 - 1/2 large chicken breast 1/2 breast per person
- 2 - 1/2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 1 pound bacon cooked hard and crumbled, divided into 5 servings
- 5 ounce blue cheese
- CAYENNE RANCH DRESSING
- 1- ounce Ranch salad pack Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- PREPARE THE COBB SALAD:
- Season each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of blackening each.
- Cook chicken 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and chop into bite size pieces.
- Cook bacon until hard, see my oven fried bacon post. It is the easiest way to fry bacon.
- Chop ham into bite size pieces.
- Boil eggs and slice them.
- ASSEMBLE THE COBB SALAD
- Layered a cup of chopped Romaine lettuce in each plate.
- Add the ham, chicken, bacon, sliced boiled eggs, blue cheese, Avocado, and tomato.
- CAYENNE RANCH DRESSING
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Seal in an airtight container. I use a mason jar.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.