This recipe is the perfect combination of New Orleans food combined with my southern roots cornbread recipe.
After living in the New Orleans area where crawfish is a staple, I had to learn how to combine crawfish and cornbread and make the Best Crawfish Cornbread. The seafood seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Crawfish, cheese, and corn make this cornbread an incredibly delicious combination. When baking this cornbread, the aroma reminds me of a crawfish or shrimp boil, which I enjoy. It is a great mix of my southern Alabama heritage with my experience of Louisiana cooking.
Crawfish Cornbread – Adapted from 2001 Taste of Home Annual Cookbook. The original recipe called for green pepper and jalapeno which I am sure would also be great. I added some Cajun seasoning and Seafood seasoning which is beautiful with the crawfish.
- 1 cup corn meal - self-rising
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- One tsp Cajun seasoning
- One tsp Seafood seasoning
- 12 ounces crawfish
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- One onion diced small
- One can cream corn
- 1 cup milk
- Two eggs beaten
- 4 TB vegetable oil
- 3 TB butter melted in the skillet
- Combine the eggs, oil, and milk and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the cream corn, onion, crawfish, and cheese. Blend well.
- Melt three tablespoons of butter in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Remove it from the oven and pour in the cornbread batter.
- Pour batter into cast-iron skillet and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
GET THESE RECIPES SENT TO YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!
Best Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Soups
Many Thanks & Blessings,
- CAJUN CHICKEN SAUSAGE GUMBO
- CHESS PIE A SOUTHERN FAVORITE!
- LEFTOVER BLACK-EYED PEAS
- CAJUN POTATO SALAD SHRIMP
- CAJUN SKILLET ALFREDO
- BROCCOLI RICE CHEESE CASSEROLE
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.