This Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing includes all the smells and flavors of fall foods. The smell makes you so excited that Fall is in the air.
The tastes and aromas of fall baking fill my entire house with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, pumpkin spice, and apple pie spice. I also love the enticing aromas from poultry dishes, stuffings, dressings, cornbread, beans, soups, chili, and more. One of my favorite fall recipes which taste great and smells amazing is this Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing. It is made using chicken stuffing, poultry seasoning, Swiss cheese and more.
Thanksgiving Dinner in One Pot with this Crock Pot Chicken And Stuffing
This Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing is like Thanksgiving Dinner in one pot. The smell coming from my Crock Pot makes me do my “Happy Dance”. If you have followed me, you already know how much I am in love with my crock-pot. In other words, it is my “I know I am going to have a good dinner with little effort dance”. Try this Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing and see if it makes you do a “Happy Dance”.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Layer the chicken in the bottom of a crock-pot
Add the slices of Swiss cheese on top of the chicken.
Mix the soups and milk. Add it to the top of the seasoned chicken and cheese.
Slice the eggs and add them on top of the soup and milk mixture.
Add the stuffing on top of the soup, milk and egg mixture.
Melt 1/2 cup butter and drizzle it over the stuffing.
Cook on high 4 hours or on low 6 to 7 hours.
Recipe adapted from Simply Southern cookbook Columbia Academy in Columbia, Tennessee Oct. 1996. I adapted this recipe and prepared it in the crock-pot.
Crock-Pot Chicken & Stuffing
- 5 chicken breast boneless (optional cut into bite-size pieces)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 10-1/2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 10-1/2 ounces cream of celery soup (you can also use cream of mushroom soup).
- 3 large boiled eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Stuffing Mix Herb or Chicken (6-ounce box I use Stovetop Stuffing)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and place in the bottom of a crock-pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the chicken with the slices of Swiss cheese.
- Mix the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and the milk and add it on top of the cheese.
- Slice the boiled eggs and add them to on top of the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle the dry Herb or Chicken Stuffing on top of the eggs and soup.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the dry Stuffing mixture.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- CHEESY POTATO SOUP SLOW COOKER
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- SLOW COOKER MOIST MEATLOAF SECRETS
- CROCKPOT PULLED PORK BBQ
- CHEESY CROCK POT MAC AND CHEESE
- SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD DRESSING
- HASH BROWNS AND HAM SLOW COOKER CHEESY CASSEROLE
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.