Thank you for stopping by to read about this incredibly tasty SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF.
Are you looking to serve corned beef on St. Patrick’s Day? Do you need a good recipe? I am going to teach you how to make a fantastic SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF.
This post includes not only a corned beef recipe but a delicious Corned Beef & Hash Recipe plus a fabulous Reuben sandwich. Continue reading to see all three recipes.
Cooking SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF low and slow also allows it to get incredibly tender and just falls apart.
The apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, Thyme, Cajun seasoning, allspice, cumin, celery seed, and garlic powder make this corned beef have the best flavor.
Growing up, we ate Corned Beef and Cabbage.
A pot of corned beef and cabbage is common in the South for dinner. I was not a big fan of the cabbage but loved the flavorful corned beef. Corned beef needs to be cooked low and slow for it to absorb all the different combination of ingredients that make corned beef burst with flavor. Cooking this Crockpot Corned Beef low and slow allows it to get incredibly tender. I often talk about one benefit of cooking in a crockpot is the tantalizing smell that penetrates the entire house.
After making this Crockpot corned beef, I use it to make delicious Reuben sandwiches and amazing Corned Beef Hash. Since Corned Beef Hash is one of my husband’s favorite foods, he is always so excited when I make this scrumptious version.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES LOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
CrockPot Corned Beef (Revised from page 28 of Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook)
Crock Pot Corned Beef
- Place the beef brisket in the crock-pot and add onion, apple juice, brown sugar, mustard and all the spices.
- Cook on high 4 to 5 hours if you are planning on slicing it.
- If you want it to shred easily or fall apart, cook on high for 6 to 7 hours or 10 to 12 hours on low. Remove from the crockpot and slice or shred for the Reuben sandwiches and the Corned Beef Hash.
- My pictures show the corned beef both sliced and shredded.
- My family likes me to cook the brisket until it shreds easily for both the Reubens and the Hash.
Use Your SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF To Make Delicious Reuben Sandwiches
If you are planning on making Reuben sandwiches, cook the corned beef 4 to 5 hours in the slow cooker. After 4 or 5 hours on high, you will be able to slice the corned beef. If you cook the corned beef longer about 6 to 7 hours on high, it will fall apart. You could use the shredded corned beef for Reuben or the fantastic corned beef hash on the following page.
How To Make Reuben Sandwich?
Homemade corned beef on a Reuben sandwich is incredibly tasty. It is simple to make layering Rye bread, Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese, Sauerkraut, and Slow Cooker Corned Beef.
Add a tablespoon of mayonnaise to the outside of both pieces of bread and grill the Reuben sandwich in a skillet until golden brown and the cheese is gooey. You could also bake it in the oven until golden brown.
The Slow Cooker Corned Beef is so flavorful so when you add potatoes and a fried egg to it you have a mouth full of excitement. When making this corned beef hash, be sure to allow the potatoes and corned beef enough time in the skillet to get brown or crusty. The crusty part is the best!
Corned Beef Hash is indeed my husband’s favorite breakfast. This Corned Beef Hash includes slow cooker corned beef, cubed hash browns, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Crock-Pot Corned Beef HASH
- CORNED BEEF HASH INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups corned beef shredded
- 4 cups cubed potatoes OR hash browns
- One small onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- And 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for sauteing potatoes
- CORNED BEEF HASH
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan and add potatoes and onion and cook until tender.
- Add the salt and garlic.
- When the potatoes are tender, do not remove them.
- Stir in the corned beef until hot.
- In a separate skillet, fry two eggs.
- To serve this hash:
- Add the runny eggs on top of the corned beef.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.