If you love Juicy Crispy fried chicken, you are in the perfect place. I am thankful you stopped to check out this fantastic fried chicken.What is my favorite food ever? Fried Chicken! If you like Fried Chicken, you will love this crunchy, juicy, flavorful best Fried Chicken Recipe!
I am going to teach you each step with tips on making this fantastic chicken. You can make the BEST fried chicken. Follow each step carefully, and if you have a question, please leave me a comment.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
My Favorite Food, Fried Chicken
If fried chicken is on the menu, I am ordering it. I have found lots of restaurants who have excellent fried chicken, but honestly, I still love my fried chicken just as good. This chicken is marinated in buttermilk and a little hot sauce. It is juicy, very crispy, and has a beautiful, flavorful crust. I have been working on the combination of spices for my fried chicken for years. I love a tasty piece of chicken, and this fried chicken has a great flavor; it is genuinely the best Fried Chicken Recipe!
My secrets to frying crispy, flavorful best Fried Chicken Recipe!
First Step: Marinate
The day before you are going to fry the chicken, in a couple of large or jumbo size ziplock bags marinate the chicken in buttermilk with hot sauce. Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight. You may need to use a Jumbo size ziplock bag.
No Worries! The chicken is not hot but has lots of flavors. This fried chicken has lots of layers of flavor beginning with the hot sauce and buttermilk.
Second Step: Spices
Mix up an incredible combination of spices using a whisk.
Add the spices to the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Baking Powder is a magical ingredient.
Save a couple of tablespoons of the Spice mixture before adding it to the flour. After the chicken comes out of the frying, you will season the chicken one more time with the spice mixture.
Third Step: Flour the Chicken
Remove the chicken from the marinade one piece at a time and dip it into the flour and spices mixture. Place the chicken on a large baking sheet. DO NOT allow the chicken pieces to touch each other.
Four Step: Rest the Chicken
Flour the chicken and allow it to rest for 15 minutes in a large pan. Do not let it touch each other. If you have room in your refrigerator, place the large baking sheet in it for 15 minutes.
Fifth Step: Flour the Chicken One More Time
After 15 minutes, dip the chicken back into the flour mixture and allow it to rest again for 15 minutes. If you have room in your refrigerator, place it in it for 15 minutes.
Sixth Step: Heat Up The Oil
Heat enough oil for frying depending on what you are using to fry the chicken in. You need enough oil to submerge completely, and completely cover the chicken.
Allow the oil to heat to 375 degrees. The temperature will drop as soon as you add the chicken. For a more consistent temperature, cook the chicken in small batches.
Seventh Step: Cook Chicken
Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the fryer.
Eight Step: Drain & Season The Chicken
Remove the chicken with tongs on to a large baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
Once the chicken is done, season it thoroughly as soon as it comes out of the hot grease.
While the other chicken is cooking, transfer your cooked drained and seasoned chicken to a large baking pan. Heat your oven to warm and place the chicken in it.
Serve hot and with honey, if you want a real treat!
Drizzle Fried Chicken With Honey
My favorite way to eat fried chicken is with a little honey drizzled on it. The sweetness with the crunch and flavor of the chicken is indeed the best food ever.
I have fried many a chicken in my cast iron dutch oven, but it is so much crispier, safer and easier to fry in this Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer. If you have a crowd to feed why not fry some chicken, everyone will love it, and it cooks in minutes in this electric fryer.
How To Make The Best Ever Fried Chicken Recipe
I love this Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer and wanted to share my experience with you. When I am frying food, I am always concerned about the dangers it may cause. I was not afraid to fry this chicken in this Electric Butterball Fryer. This Butterball electric fryer was much safer than using a propane gas fryer or even my cast iron dutch oven.
When frying food, please be careful! Keep small children and animals away from the grease.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 CLASSIC SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
Best Ever Fried Chicken Recipe!
- 8 pieces chicken one whole chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons celery salt celery salt
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup hot sauce this chicken is NOT spicy
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1- quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- Enough Oil for frying depending on what you are using to fry the chicken in. You need enough oil to cover the chicken.
- Instructions for Cooking Best Fried Chicken
- The day before you are going to fry the chicken, place the chicken in a couple of large ziplock bags.
- Add the chicken, buttermilk, and hot sauce.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix the seasonings.
- Remove one tablespoon of seasoning and save it for later.
- Add the season into the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. I mix it together with a whisk.
- Remove the chicken one piece at a time from the buttermilk.
- Flour each piece of chicken in every crease of the chicken.
- Leave it to rest on a large baking sheet. Place chicken in the refrigerator if possible.
- After 15 minutes, flour the chicken again.
- Allow the oil to heat to 375 degrees. The temperature will drop as soon as you add the chicken.
- Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken with tongs on to a large baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Season the chicken as soon as it comes out of the oven with the remaining tablespoon of seasoning mixture.
- Serve hot and with honey, if you want a real treat!
How to Deep Fry Turkey Safely?
You Do Not Want To Miss These Southern Classic Recipes Either
- SOUTHERN BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD
- PRESSURE COOKER SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- BEST SOUTHERN WHITE BEANS
- PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN DUMPLINGS
- PRESSURE COOKER CHEESY MACARONI
- BEST SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.