These brownies are rich, chocolaty, creamy, crunchy around edges, and full of pecans.
I have tried many homemade fudge brownie recipes, but they were never as good as my favorite brownie box mix (Ghirardelli) until I made these Fudge Brownies. The brownies were very moist, crunchy around the edges, and fudge-like in the middle. To me, they were the best brownies I have ever had. These brownies have very few ingredients and are easy to prepare. My special needs son Caleb mixed these delicious treats while I videoed him. You will probably have these ingredients on hand which will make it easy to whip up a batch.
Make Fabulous Desserts With These Fudge Brownies
You can use the brownies to make a Brownie Sundae for dessert, which is one of my favorite desserts. A brownie sundae is an excellent dessert with its warm chocolate brownie including nuts (usually pecans or walnuts), vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, and more nuts. A lot of other people must enjoy a good brownie sundae because it is usually on every restaurant menu. One of my favorite brownie sundaes is the Chocolate Thunder From Down Under at Outback, and the Sundae I made using these delicious brownies was just as fantastic! You may also enjoy my White Chocolate Blondie recipe.
Fudge Brownie Recipe – I adapted this recipe from Sue’s Kitchen cookbook. I have written about Sue’s Kitchen in an earlier post. It is an excellent country cooking restaurant in Jonesboro, AR.
See the fabulous Fudge Frosting Recipe below. It is perfect on these brownies.
Best Fudge Brownies I Ever Had-Video
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- and 1/2 cup flour
- plus 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, lightly chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray or butter an 8-inch square pan.
- With your mixture on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar, very soft butter, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the flour, baking, salt and cocoa.
- DO NOT over mix once you add the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the nuts and the chocolate chips by Hand.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges pull away from the sides, and a toothpick comes out clean once inserted in the center of the brownies.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.