Are you here looking for the perfect bowl of chili?
Homemade Chili is the perfect food for a cold winter day. This Homemade Chili is full of flavor but yet kid-friendly. Perfect by itself or on a hot dog, baked potato, hamburger, corn chips and more.
I often double this recipe to be able to have plenty of leftovers. You can serve Homemade Chili in a bowl with cheese, sour cream, and chips or my favorite way with cornbread. You could also serve it in a bread bowl. When you reheat it for leftovers, serve it on hot dogs or over a baked potato with shredded cheese for a new meal. Use some Best Homemade Chili to make a Chili and cheese dip.
Tips to Serve this Homemade Chili
- A baked potato
- Add it directly to a bag of corn chips or nachos
- Over a or even hamburgers
- Chili Quesadillas with cheese
- In a cornbread casserole bake
- Make some
- Serve it in a bread bowl
- Make some .
I know life can get extremely busy. Remember, I have five children including one child with Cerebral Palsy and seizures, two kids with RAD, a son still doing physical therapy because of major knee surgery, a husband who works out-of-town a lot and three dogs. When we think our plate is full, we get one more thing added, and we wonder how we are going to get it all done.
Reese Has Diabetes
Well, this week has been one of those weeks. My smallest baby is a 6-pound poodle named Reese, who has been very sick lately, Thanks to Aunt Marsha who told us it could be diabetes, I took her to the vet yesterday, and he confirmed it. Reese has diabetes. I now find myself catching her potty several times a week to monitor her blood sugar for insulin. some of you are thinking, “Do I need to give a dog insulin?” I asked myself the same question, but Reese has given me ten years of unconditional love. She is the sweetest lap dog ever. I de-stress a lot of days by rocking Reese and talking to God. So, I think a little extra work to keep her healthy is well worth it. The veterinarian said, as long as she takes her insulin, Reese will live for several more years.
Update on Reese
As a result of her diabetes, On November 12, 2015, Reese passed away. I am so thankful we had her for 14 special years.
Let You Slow Cooker Do The Work
Most of the time when I prepare this chili, I brown the ground beef and then transfer it to my crock-pot and add the rest of the ingredients. The crockpot does the rest without me having to do anything. As a result, dinner is ready to serve with little effort; this is perfect for a busy day.
Please Share and Follow On Social Media.
- Hit the share buttons to the left of the page and share this post on your social media.
- Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
- Follow my travel blog, Our American Travels on Social Media
- Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
Best Homemade Chili with Video
- 2 pounds of ground beef browned
- 1 pound of ground sausage
- 2 - 15- ounce cans of dark kidney beans drained
- 1 - 15 can of light kidney beans drained
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- two 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounces can water
- 1 TB brown sugar
- Two tsp ground cumin
- 2 TB chili powder
- Two tsp garlic powder
- One tsp oregano
- One tsp basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef and sausage.
- Add seasonings including cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add onions, beans, salsa, tomato sauce, water, and brown sugar and simmer on low for at least an hour.
- If using your crock-pot, cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- If using your stockpot, simmer for 1 hour.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.