Making homemade pizza is a great way to make memories with your children and grandchildren.
Most of the time, we make Friday nights as our homemade pizza night. When you set aside one day a week where everyone automatically knows what for dinner, everyone looks forward to that family dinner night. By having it on Friday night, it is like a celebration or reward for a long week. All of my children cannot wait to make and show everyone how wonderful their pizza looks. They not only look good but they all taste great too. I hope your family has as much fun making homemade pizza as we do.
This is a great family meal and everyone can participate.
The dough can be made ahead of time. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator 1 to 2 days. Divide the dough in individual sizes. I normally divided my dough into 6 or 7 pieces which make large individual size pizza. Let each person roll their own dough out according to how thick or thin they like their crust. Bake the crust for 12 minutes at 425 degrees F. Make sure you prick the dough with a fork several times before baking to prevent air bubbles. Take it out of the oven and have each person top it with their own favorite ingredients. Bake again for about 12 minutes.
Best Homemade Individual Pizza
- One Cup of warm water 110 to 115 degrees
- Add 1 (1/4) pack active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- I adapted this recipe from Emeril Lagasse Pizza dough and have used it for years. We have made Friday night’s as our homemade pizza night ever since my twins were small. This recipe works well.
- In a large bowl combine water and yeast, honey and 1 TB olive oil let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Slowly add flour, salt, and garlic.
- Mix with a dough hook if possible.
- Place a small amount of olive oil on your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place at least 1-1/2 hours or place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll out and Bake dough at 425 degrees for 12 minutes before adding the toppings.
- Remove from the oven and add toppings.
- Bake pizza for additional 12 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
You can make any size pizza. We normally divide the dough so everyone can have an individual pan pizza. The kids love to make their own. This is a good activity for a birthday party. The kids will love this.
Toppings ideas for Individual Homemade Pizza
- Tomato sauce
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Italian seasoning
- Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza/pasta magic (great on pizza)
- Italian Sausage (cooked and sliced)
- Chopped onion
Cover your homemade pizza with Mozzarella Cheese
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.