Are you looking for a unique cookie? If so, you have to try these OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES.
BEST OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
These oatmeal cream cookies are crunchy on the outside and incredibly moist on the inside. If you love a crunchy oatmeal cookie, you will enjoy these cookies filled with toffee and pecans. They are fantastic all by themselves, but when you add the delicious cream filling, they are amazing.
The original cookie recipe is from Susan Mallery’s Fools Gold Cookbook.
Therefore, I made these cookies after reviewing her cookbook. Over the top, Out of the park is what I think about these Oatmeal Toffee Cookies. After making these cookies for the first time, my family, including myself, almost ate all the dough before we could put the second batch in the oven. Hence, we love oats with the toffee and pecans. Most of all, it is a terrific combination!
Vanilla Cream Filling
This time, I made a vanilla cream filling to go between two cookies. The filling is made with butter, shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. As a result, it is light and sweet and goes perfectly with these soft, crunchy cookies.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COOKIE SHEET SET
- MINI SERVING SPATULA
- ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON SET
- MEASURING CUP SET
- TEAK WOODEN SPOON
- MEDIUM ICE CREAM SCOOP
- GOTHAM STEEL – NON-STICK COOKIE SHEETS Made with Titanium & Steel
How To Make The Best Oatmeal Cream Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- Egg one large
- Pure Vanilla One teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 & ¼ cups rolled oats traditional or old fashioned oats not quick-cooking
- one cup chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars such as Heath bars
- And 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ shortening
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar sifted
- A teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- And One tablespoon milk
- First of all, Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In addition, Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Also, In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high-speed, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients; just until blended.
- Next, Fold in oats, toffee bars, and walnuts OR pecans.
- Finally, drop cookies using a regular ice cream scoop onto the baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Next, Chill the unbaked cookies for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- For your information, you can also freeze them at this point. Once the cookies are frozen, put them into a ziplock freezer bag.
- Bake 15 minutes until the edges are golden but still wet looking in the middle.
- The final step, Cool on a wire rack.
- For best results, use an electric mixer and cream the butter and shortening.
- Slowly add the powder sugar, vanilla, and milk.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Should Try
- PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TIPS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- M & M MEGA COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES
- S’MORES COOKIES
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- LOADED SMORES SKILLET COOKIE
- ONE SKILLET ROLO SKILLET COOKIE
- CHOCOLATE! M & M SKILLET COOKIE
- CANDY BAR SKILLET COOKIE LEFTOVER CANDY
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE SKILLET COOKIE
- BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- OATMEAL COOKIES PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OATMEAL CREAM COOKIES
- BEST OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE COOKIES
- OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.