Steak Fajitas make a quick and easy weekday meal. Just marinate the steak strips in this fabulous, flavorful marinated overnight and toss in a hot skillet about ten minutes.
This recipe is perfect for a low carb Keto diet.
Fajitas pronounced fah-hee-tas are typically made with skirt steak, but you could use flank steak. Thin pieces of steak strips are marinated for two hours or even better overnight for the best steak fajitas.
These steak fajitas were cooked on a Blackstone Griddle. It is one of my favorite cooking methods.
BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE IS THE BEST!
When recommending a product, I only recommend products I use and love, like this portable Blackstone Griddle. I cannot tell you enough how it makes the best burgers and steaks. They are fabulous, and so are my chicken fajitas and these steak fajitas.
If you would like to know more about this Blackstone Griddle, please see this previous post where I go into details about the features. You will also see a fabulous BBQ Bacon Burger recipe.
Fabulous Marinated Ingredients
The marinated for these Steak Fajitas include lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, Olive oil, and Oregano. After marinating them overnight, they are sauteed with bell pepper and onions. The fajitas are served in a flour tortilla and topped with avocado, salsa, and Mexican cheese.
For a Mexican feast, you should try making some of my other favorite recipes.
- MEXICAN CRESCENT ROLL CASSEROLE
- MEXICAN SAUCES AND DRESSINGS
- DELICIOUS MEXICAN CORNBREAD
- SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN
- CHEESY BEAN DIP SKILLET
- SLOW COOKER PORK TACOS
- CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- EASY NACHOS
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. I Will Make A Small Commission If You Purchase These Products BUT It Will Not Cost You Any Extra Money.
Please see my disclosure.Print
- 2 pounds steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- FOR THE GRIDDLE OR PAN
- 1 red onion, sliced
- red & yellow bell pepper, cut into strips, optional
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Slice the steak thin.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the chicken, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least two hours to overnight.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion along with the chicken and marinade.
- Cook until chicken is done and marinade has reduced.
- This will only take about 10 minutes depending if your cooking surface is hot.
- Divide the steak, onions among the tortillas.
- Top with avocado, cheese, and salsa.
Heat the tortillas on the griddle or pan for a minute.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.