- 2 pounds steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- FOR THE GRIDDLE OR PAN
- 1 red onion, sliced
- red & yellow bell pepper, cut into strips, optional
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Slice the steak thin.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the chicken, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least two hours to overnight.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion along with the chicken and marinade.
- Cook until chicken is done and marinade has reduced.
- This will only take about 10 minutes depending if your cooking surface is hot.
- Divide the steak, onions among the tortillas.
- Top with avocado, cheese, and salsa.
Heat the tortillas on the griddle or pan for a minute.