One of the best desserts you will ever eat! This White Chocolate Bread Pudding is worth every single bite! It is the Best Bread Pudding you will eat.
This white chocolate bread pudding is for a special occasion. It is not easy to make, but it is worth every minute you spend making it. You can make this fabulous dessert! I am also going to teach step-by-step instructions.
BEST WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
While living in the New Orleans area, I fell in love with White Chocolate Bread Pudding. It is a smooth, creamy, delicious, heavenly, and luscious dessert. I have not found it in restaurants in my area yet, so I learned how to make it. If you have a special occasion coming up, like Valentine’s Day, treat your special person to this bread pudding. If they like white chocolate, they will love this white chocolate bread pudding.
White Chocolate Bread Pudding (Recipe adapted from New Orleans Classic Desserts)
White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 12 inches French Bread sliced into 1/4 inch pieces, 5 cups total
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate I use Ghiradelli
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Bake the French bread on a large baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes to dry it.
- The recipe says to warm the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the cream to a boil.
- Once the cream starts boiling, remove it from the heat immediately. I use a large microwave safe measuring cup to measure the heavy cream and then bring it to a boil in the microwave. It will take about 3 minutes.
- As soon as you see it beginning to boil, turn the microwave off. I like heating my milk this way because I know it will not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. Use extreme caution when removing the heavy cream from the microwave.
- Stir the heavy cream before removing it from the microwave; this will release any air bubbles that might pop.
- After removing the heavy cream from the microwave, add the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- In a double boiler, heat the whole milk, sugar, eggs, and egg yolks until warm.
- Very slowly add the egg mixture into the heavy cream mixture while whisking quickly as it is being poured in.
- Layer all the bread in a 9×13 inch pan or layer ramekins 3/4 full of sliced dried bread.
- Pour half of the custard over the bread and allow a few minutes for the bread to soak up all the custard.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the bread pudding after 1 hour and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, cut into squares and place on serving plates.
- Drizzle with White Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Sauce.
- If you choose to use individual ramekins, prepare a water bath for the bread pudding. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish. Add the ramekins with the bread pudding. Next, add warm water to the 9 X 13 baking dish half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Use a microwave-safe bowl to heat the white chocolate with the heavy-cream for a minute. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Do not overcook the chocolate.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAD PUDDING IN INDIVIDUAL RAMEKINS
If you choose to use individual ramekins, prepare a water bath for the bread pudding. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish. Add the ramekins with the bread pudding. Next, add warm water to the 9 X 13 baking dish halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
Raspberry Sauce – It is a great combination of the white chocolate ganache.
Simply heat some raspberry jam in the microwave. Drizzle the Raspberry sauce over the white chocolate sauce and bread pudding just before serving.
- TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE is the easiest chocolate cake you will ever bake. It is made using a cake mix. Not only is it easy, but it is fabulous! It has three types of chocolate including Devil’s Food Cake Mix, Chocolate Pudding Mix, and Chocolate Chips for a flavorful chocolate cake.
- CHOCOLATE CHESS PIE – The ingredients for this easy fabulous Chocolate Chess Pie are a staple in most pantries which makes it a go-to pie for holidays or anytime. They include sugar, salt, cocoa powder, cornmeal, butter, buttermilk, and eggs.
- BEST WHITE CHOCOLATE BLONDIES – These White Chocolate Blondies Are Chewy, Crunchy, And Rich. They Are Full Of Delicious White Chocolate Chips.
- SOUTHERN FUDGY COCA COLA CAKE – What is in this Coca-Cola cake? Cake mix, cocoa powder, butter, Coca-Cola, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and marshmallows. What is in this amazing fudge icing? Butter, cocoa powder, Coca-Cola, confectioners sugar and Southern pecans.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.