I am so glad you landed here to check out this White Chocolate Bread Pudding.
This White Chocolate Bread Pudding is truly one of my favorite desserts. It is the Best White Chocolate Bread Pudding I have ever had.
I am not going to tell you this White Chocolate Bread Pudding is easy to prepare, but I am going to tell you it is worth every minute you spend making it. I am also going to teach you how to make this extra special dessert.
BEST WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
While living in the New Orleans area, I fell in love with White Chocolate Bread Pudding. It is a smooth, creamy, delicious, heavenly, and luscious dessert. I have not found it in restaurants in my area yet, so I learned how to make it. If you have a special occasion coming up, like Valentine’s Day, treat your special person to this bread pudding. If they like white chocolate, they will love this white chocolate bread pudding.
7 PIE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
White Chocolate Bread Pudding (Recipe adapted from New Orleans Classic Desserts)Print
- 12 inches of French Bread, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Eight egg yolks
- Two large eggs
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Twelve ounces white chocolate
- four ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Bake the French bread on a large baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes to dry it.
- The recipe says to warm the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the cream to a boil.
- Once the cream starts boiling, remove it from the heat immediately. I use a large microwave safe measuring cup to measure the heavy cream and then bring it to a boil in the microwave. It will take about 3 minutes.
- As soon as you see it beginning to boil, turn the microwave off. I like heating my milk this way because I know it will not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. Use extreme caution when removing the heavy cream from the microwave.
- Stir the heavy cream before removing it from the microwave; this will release any air bubbles that might pop.
- After removing the heavy cream from the microwave, add the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- In a double boiler, heat the whole milk, sugar, eggs, and egg yolks until warm.
- Very slowly add the egg mixture into the heavy cream mixture while whisking quickly as it is being poured in.
- Layer all the bread in a 9×13 inch pan or layer ramekins 3/4 full of sliced dried bread.
- Pour half of the custard over the bread and allow a few minutes for the bread to soak up all the custard.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the bread pudding after 1 hour and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, cut into squares and place on serving plates.
- Drizzle with White Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Sauce.
- If you choose to use individual ramekins, prepare a water bath for the bread pudding. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish. Add the ramekins with the bread pudding. Next, add warm water to the 9 X 13 baking dish half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Use a microwave safe bowl to heat the white chocolate with the heavy cream for a minute. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Do not overcook the chocolate.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAD PUDDING IN INDIVIDUAL RAMEKINS
If you choose to use individual ramekins, prepare a water bath for the bread pudding. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish. Add the ramekins with the bread pudding. Next, add warm water to the 9 X 13 baking dish halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
Raspberry Sauce – It is a great combination with the white chocolate ganache.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.