You will love this Blackstone Portable Table Top Griddle. We purchased this Table Top Blackstone Griddle to use while camping. The minute it arrived, I could not wait to use it, so I set the Griddle up in my backyard. It has never left my backyard. Cooking on a Blackstone Griddle is my new favorite thing to do.
I am reviewing this Blackstone Griddle. How easy is it to clean? How portable is it to carry? What to cook on this griddle, including Best Burger Recipes.
What can you cook on your Blackstone Griddle?
We have cooked chicken breast, steaks, patty melts, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, fried rice, and fajitas on our Blackstone Griddle. This list is endless to what I cook on my Griddle. I can see a gooey grilled cheese or panini soon. Maybe even fried potatoes like Lambert’s.
This post reviews everything you need to know about Blackstone Griddle. Learn how to season your Griddle? How easy is it to clean? How portable is it? Plus, Blackstone Griddle Recipes.
BBQ Bacon Burger on Blackstone Griddle
After reviewing the Griddle, below, you will find the best BBQ Bacon Burger with grilled onions and mushrooms. The recipe is at the end of this post.
These BBQ Bacon Griddle Burgers are fantastic. They are easy to make and easy to clean up using my Blackstone Griddle. The onions, mushrooms, and burgers are cooked on the Griddle. See the full recipe below.
Take a close look at the BBQ sauce in the picture below. The bbq sauce is from a recipe contest I entered. I was in the top three people for the best BBQ sauce in Arkansas.
Blackstone Portable Griddle
You can carry this Blackstone Griddle anywhere. This Griddle is portable and is meant to be used outdoors for camping, tailgating, road trips, hunting, RVing, and anywhere else. You can get a compact carrying case for this Griddle. It easily fits into the case, and you zip it up. It has handles to carry the Griddle that can manage the weight.
Storing the Griddle
When you finish cleaning the Griddle, you simply flip over the surface space. It fits nicely upside down on the base. Next, you cover it with the fitted griddle cover, or you can purchase a traveling tote bag for it. I will add this link below.
How much can you cook on Blackstone Griddle at one time?
When you hear the word portable, do not think it will not hold much. We have had this Griddle for a couple of months now, and it is a workhorse—my first experience cooking with the Griddle, we had enough room to prepared twelve 1/2 pound burgers. The surface is 15.25 inches x 17 inches of heavy-duty cooking surface made of steel.
It has tons of cooking space. If you compare it to a skillet, it is at least three times bigger than a large skillet.
Griddle Heats Up Quickly With A Small Propane Bottle
This gas grill has a stainless steel “H” burner that heats up fast! It is made of steel. It uses a small propane tank, but I read where you can purchase an adaptor for a regular size tank. You can see where it hooks into the grill in the picture below. If you were keeping this in one place, like in your backyard, it might be worth looking into it.
How to Season Blackstone Griddle for the first time?
Take your time and add a thin layer of seasoning on your Griddle. Then, let the oil burn off before adding another layer. If you do not, you will have trouble in the future with your Griddle peeling off layers.
After seasoning your Griddle, you will have a non-stick skillet.
- Take a wet cloth and rub the Griddle down.
- Turn all your burners on high and get your Griddle hot.
- Rub Flaxseed oil, about two tablespoons, all over the Griddle using paper towels and tongs. You are going to rub a thin layer of oil in every corner and up the sides. The Griddle will start smoking.
- Once the smoke dies down, about 15 minutes, add another thin layer of Flaxseed oil on the Griddle using a paper towel and tongs. The Griddle will start smoking.
- Repeat this process a total of four times. You will see a noticeable difference in the color of the Griddle. It will turn a dark color.
Can you use cooking spray on your Griddle?
NO! You won’t need it if it is well seasoned when you first get your Griddle.
What is the Best Oil to Season a Blackstone Griddle?
- Flaxseed Oil per the manufacture
How to Clean Your Griddle After Using It?
- Let the Griddle cool down till it is warm.
- Scrape the surface with a metal scraper or spatula.
- Wipe it down with paper towels.
- Pour water on your Griddle while it is still warm.
- Rub a nylon scouring pad gently on the surface.
- Wipe the water off your Griddle with paper towels.
Add a single layer of oil after you clean your Griddle after each use.
Heat your Griddle back up and wipe it down with a thin layer of Flaxseed oil. Let the oil burn off before turning your Griddle off.
Finally, this post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Making Perfect Smash Burgers With Blackstone’s Chef Nathan Lippy – RV Family Travel Atlas
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches to Make on the Griddle
Best Griddle Burgers
The burgers were fantastic! If you like a delicious griddle burger from Steak n Shake or Freddy’s, you can get the same results with on this Griddle.
My favorite thing about a burger cooked on the Griddle is how juicy they are plus the super crispy edges. They are fantastic!
How do you cook burgers on a Blackstone griddle?
- Preheat your Griddle for five minutes.
- Rub a small amount of oil on the Griddle.
- After forming your patties, place them on the Griddle.
- Smash your burgers hard with a spatula as soon as they hit the Griddle.
- Stop smashing and allow them to cook for two minutes.
- Flip the burgers over and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Enjoy your favorite burger!
BEST BURGER USING BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE
- TO PATTY THE BURGER
- 4 pounds of ground beef
- 6-ounce burgers equals ten burgers
- 8-ounce burgers equals eight burgers
- Two tablespoons Grill Mates Hamburger seasonings or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- FOR THE SAUTEED ONIONS
- Three white onions sliced thin
- TWO PINTS OF SLICED MUSHROOMS
- VEGETABLE OIL FOR THE GRIDDLE
- PATTY THE BURGERS
- Mix the seasonings into the ground beef. Patty the burgers. Measure or weigh the ground beef to get the same weight burger. Having the burgers the same size the burgers will cook more consistently.
- After you, patty the burgers, rest them in the refrigerator at least a couple of hours to overnight.
- COOK ONIONS
- Add vegetable oil to the griddle when it is hot and saute the onions. You will need 2 to 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Season the onions with salt and pepper.
- COOK MUSHROOMS
- Add the mushroom on the other side of the grill at the same time as the onions. Be sure the vegetable oil is hot.
- Season the onions with salt and pepper.
- Remove the onions and mushrooms when the onions when both are tender.
- COOK BURGERS
- Cook burgers on the griddle about 4 minutes on each side for a medium burger.
- ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS
- BBQ SAUCE OR KETCHUP
- GRILLED ONIONS
- GRILLED MUSHROOMS