Thank you for stopping by Recipes For Our Daily Bread to check out this Boston Cream Poke Cake recipe.
The most popular post on my post is my Banana Pudding Poke Cake, so I decided on making this easy chocolate poke cake.
I enjoy making things from scratch, but those posts do not get near the hits as quick and easy recipes. People just do not have time to spend in the kitchen. We all need recipes that we can depend on that taste great and are incredibly easy. One of my favorite desserts is Boston Cream Pie. It is not a pie but more like a cake. I love the combination of cake with a cream filling topped with chocolate icing or ganache.
Use a Cake Mix to make a Boston Cream Poke Cake
After making a Boston Cream Poke Cake using a cake mix, I am still in love. It is so easy to bake a two boxes of instant vanilla pudding and a homemade icing or ganache. My family loved it! I too was so surprised!! It was one of the best Boston Cream Pies I have ever had. If you are looking for an effortless and great tasting dessert, try this Boston Cream Poke Cake recipe using a cake mix. It is YUMMY!cake mix and poked holes in it with the back of a wooden spoon. I topped it with
If you love fabulous desserts using a cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTSPrint
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS AND EASY BOSTON CREAM POKE CAKE
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 slices
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box BUTTER OR YELLOW cake mix (Ingredients to mix cake as directed on box)
- 2 – 3.4 ounces boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker’s chocolate squares)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Bake according to the package in a 9×13 baking pan.
- When cake is done after testing it with a toothpick that comes out clean, remove it from the oven.
- Poke holes in it about an inch apart using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Mix two boxes vanilla instant pudding with 4 cups milk until smooth.
- Pour over the cake with holes poked in the cake.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until pudding is set.
- MIX GANACHE:
- Heat the butter and heavy cream in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from the microwave and add the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to stand for a couple of minutes then whisk it until smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the cake and pudding that has been refrigerated.
- Refrigerate until chocolate ganache is set a couple of hours.
Chocolate Icing or Ganache Recipe For Boston Cream Poke Cake
The homemade icing – ganache recipe is delicious on this cake. It is easy to make, but if you are in a hurry, you could also heat a can of ready-made frosting in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the glaze over the pudding that has set.
How do you make homemade Ganache? It is easy to do.
Scald the milk (do not let the milk boil) and then add the chocolate. The chocolate will slowly melt. Next, add the powdered sugar and the vanilla to make the Ganache for Boston Cream Poke Cake.
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Sandwiches
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- BUTTERFINGER CAKE
- HEATH BAR CAKE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE
- STUFFED RED VELVET COOKIES
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.