Nothing beats an easy to prepare whole roasted chicken. This Butter Roasted Whole Chicken is so juicy and super flavorful. It is easy to prepare, tastes great, and perfect for a weekday meal.
I have several whole roasted chicken recipes on my blog. Roasting a chicken is another go-to staple in my house. You can flavor whole chickens in lots of different ways and they always turn out finger licking good. Below you will find several of my favorite roasted chicken recipes.
- CAJUN SKILLET CHICKEN
- CAJUN ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN
- OVEN ROASTED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
- GREEK ROASTED WHOLE CHICKENS
- ITALIAN WHOLE CHICKEN
Butter Roasted Whole Chicken
It is good enough to give up your fork. We had this Butter Roasted Whole Chicken this past weekend. The table was quiet, and I looked up to find several of my family members eating their chicken with their hands. My husband smiled and said, “This chicken is so good.” I thought about it a minute and decided to join them. I had it all over my face, and it was starting to run down my arms. I know what you are thinking. Do not judge me! My oldest daughter who was using her fork just shook her head at me. I replied, “this chicken is good enough for me to give up my fork.” I am enjoying it.
First Step: Butter Roasted Whole Chicken
- Fold the wings across the back of the chicken so the tips are touching.
- On a rack in a shallow roasting pan or 13 x 9-inch pan, place chicken, breast side up.
Second Step: Inject Butter In Whole Chicken
- Next, use an injector and inject one stick of melted butter into the chicken.
- Brush some of the butter on the skin of the chicken.
Third Step: Season The Chicken
- Do not be shy when adding seasoning to your whole chicken! I use a combination of Montreal Chicken, Granulated Garlic, and Rotisserie Chicken on this chicken. I used a couple of teaspoons of each seasoning. Next, season the chicken well with Greek seasoning. You can easily find it at your local grocery store. Plus, add some extra granulated garlic.
Fourth Step: Roast Whole Chicken
- Roast uncovered in the oven for about 40 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 375.
Insert a Meat Thermometer
Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is in the thickest part of the thigh but does not touch the bone.
Fifth Step: Add The Green beans And Continue Cooking
- Arrange the green beans around the chicken. Now, add the cup of chicken broth around the chicken. Roast uncovered 375 degrees F. for another 40 minutes or until the thermometer reads at least 165°F and the veggies are tender. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes before carving. The chicken will continue to cook once removed from the oven.
- If the chicken gets too brown before the temperature reaches 165 degrees F., add a piece of foil around the whole chicken.
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Rotisserie seasoning
- 2 ten ounces green beans frozen packages
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 pounds New Potatoes
- Preheat oven 425 degreesWash whole chickensPlace the chickens in a large roaster or a 9×13 baking dish. Inject a stick of melted butter into each whole chickenSprinkle each chicken with 2 teaspoons each granulated garlic, Montreal Chicken Seasoning, and Rotisserie seasoning. Add more if necessary. The seasoning should completely cover the whole chicken. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.Remove from the oven and add the green beans. Diced potatoes are also amazing with this chicken. Add one cup of chicken broth. Return to the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Depending on how large your chickens are.Remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes. It will continue to cook.
Other Easy Tasty Recipes You Will Enjoy
- CAJUN SKILLET CHICKEN
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH
- ONE SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE
- BBQ CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BOATS
- CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- CREAMY POPPY SEED CHICKEN
- BEST EVER FRIED CHICKEN
- CREAM SPINACH SKILLET CHICKEN
- PIZZA CHICKEN BREAST
- BBQ GRILLED CHICKEN
- GARLIC BUTTER MUSHROOMS STUFFED CHICKEN
- HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
- DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- CORNBREAD CHICKEN POT PIE
- SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN BREAST
- BBQ SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH GRILLED CHEESE
- PESTO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
- BBQ CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
- CAYENNE RANCH CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- ONE SKILLET SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SKILLET
- CRISPY BAKED FRIED CHICKEN
- CHICKEN POT PIE GARLIC DROP BISCUITS
- STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST MUSHROOM SAUCE
- SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN
- BLACKENED CHICKEN MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.