These Butterscotch Snickerdoodles have simple ingredients and are easy to make.
I added Butterscotch chips to my Snickerdoodles to add even more flavor. If you enjoy Snickerdoodles, be sure to check out my Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles. They have a chewy caramel center which goes perfect in old fashion Snickerdoodles.
Make Memories Baking these Butterscotch Snickerdoodles with your kids.
Since it is so close to Christmas day, I had to blog about cookies. When my kids were younger, we baked cookies every Christmas. Now that four of my children are teenagers, and one is a young adult, we still bake cookies together every year during the week of Christmas. I think it is a lot of fun spending time with family in the kitchen. It is much harder to all cook together now that my kids are getting so big, but it is important to me to have fun in the kitchen with them. I want them to remember good times associated with family and food.
Everyone’s Loves Baking Cookies
Baking and eating cookies bring a big smile on everyone’s face. Everyone wants to help bake cookies or, at least, they want to hang out in the kitchen and sneak cookie dough when I am not watching like one of my nineteen-year-old sons. Sneaking cookie dough is fine with me, at least, he is in the kitchen and making fun memories.
Assign Each Person Working In The Kitchen A Task
When everyone is home and cooking in the kitchen together, I assign each of them something to do. I have one person read the ingredients and the instructions over and over. Reading the ingredients and instructions is a difficult job when it is so noisy in the kitchen, and everyone is asking the reader questions about the ingredients at the same time.
My Special Needs Son Can Bake
Caleb, my special needs son, is our recipe reader when everyone is in the kitchen. He has memory and processing problems and cannot make a complete sentence, but he answers short and to the point that is perfect for cooking. He loves to tell people what to do, and he feels so important. If we are baking, I let one person measure all the wet ingredients and one person get all the wet ingredients together for that person. I assign the same thing for the dry ingredients.
Laugh-In Your Kitchen And Have A Good Time
We have a system that works, but it is loud and crazy in our kitchen with all my teenagers. They are playing tricks on each other, sitting on the counter, throwing things to each other across the kitchen, and on and on. They are playing, laughing and having fun. YES! I have to tell them to get off the counter, etc., but I try not to get too upset about it. I miss them so much when they are not home that seems like all the time now they are older. At least, during the week of Christmas, I know they will be home, and we can bake together.
Speaking of baking, we all love my Old Fashioned Snickerdoodles. They have simple ingredients and are easy to make. I decided, this time, I was going to add Butterscotch chips to these Butterscotch Snickerdoodles. After adding the Butterscotch, I still rolled them in a cinnamon sugar mixture and baked them. They turned out delicious. The Butterscotch was a perfect combination with Snickerdoodles
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until creamy.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cream of tarter, and flour.
- Mix until blended.
- Mix in the butterscotch chips
- Shape the dough into small one tablespoons size balls or 1 inch balls. I use a one tablespoon size ice cream scoop.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a separate small bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from baking sheet. These cookies firm up as they cool.
- Makes 24 – 1 tablespoon size cookies.
Other Snickerdoodle Cookies You May Enjoy
- OLD FASHIONED SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES WHITE CHOCOLATE – Old Fashion Snickerdoodle Cookies are easy to make and excellent. They are filled with creamy Dove white chocolate. They are soft and comforting!
- CARAMEL STUFFED SNICKERDOODLES – My Family Enjoys Baking During The Christmas Season, Especially Baking These Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.