This Butterscotch Toffee Skillet Cookie is easy to make with only one skillet.
What makes this Cookie so easy is mixing and baking everything together in one skillet. This means NO mixer, NO bowl, NO baking sheet, and NO baking several pans of cookies; everything is done in a multi-purpose cast iron skillet.
How Did I Come Up With This Recipe?
I love my cast iron skillet, especially when fixing cornbread, biscuits, yeast rolls, cobblers, and easy to prepare skillet cakes and cookies. I adapted this skillet cookie from The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook. It is a collection of great cast iron recipes. The skillet recipe has M&M’s, but I changed it to Butterscotch, Chocolate, and Toffee.
This Skillet Cookie is not only easy to make but warm, ooey-gooey deliciousness!! You could use your favorite candy or a combination of your favorite chips instead of the butterscotch, chocolate, and toffee. I have a few ideas of my own I cannot wait to prepare. Until then, I hope you will try this skillet Cookie and enjoy it as much as I do. Garnish your skillet cookie with vanilla ice cream, butterscotch, chocolate, or caramel sauce (or maybe a little of each).
Butterscotch Toffee Skillet Cookie
- In a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.
- Press the batter down into the skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.