Quick and Easy Delicious Caramel Apple Cupcakes made with a cake mix, Apples, Caramels, and pecans.
Today, I am reviewing a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. You will find Everyday Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, and Cupcakes & Cookie Recipes in Gooseberry Patch Simple & Satisfying Cookbook.
Since I was cooking the pregame meal for my son’s high school football team, I needed a couple of desserts to go with the meal I had planned. This cookbook arrived at the perfect time. I could not wait to make the Praline Brownies, Caramel Apple Cupcakes, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. They were all super easy to make and turned out great.
First Step: Cake Mix
This recipe calls for a carrot cake mix, but I used a spiced cake mix. It was delicious, but I am sure the carrot cake would be awesome too.
Second Step: Apples
- Core and finely chop your apples.
What Apple Do You Use for Muffins?
Granny Smith apples are tart, which helps to balance the sweetness of the muffin.
Third Step: Bake Cupcakes
Fourth Step: Caramel
While the cupcakes are baking, combine the caramels and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth.
To make it easier, try using Kraft Caramel bits. You do not have to unwrap them which makes them perfect for baking.
Chop your pecans small. I did not do a good job chopping the pecans. If the pecans were smaller, they would stick better to the caramel.
Seventh Step: Craft Stick
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 18 - 1/4 ounce Carrot cake I decided to use Spice Cake which was also delicious.
- 1 cup Granny Smith apples cored, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 caramels unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts finely chopped
- 12 wooden craft sticks
- Prepare cake mix according to package.
- Stir in apples and cinnamon.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 cup full.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine the caramels and milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle caramel over cooled cupcakes, sprinkle nuts over top.
- Insert a craft stick into center of each cupcake.
- Makes a dozen if you are using JUMBO muffin tins.
Easy Praline Brownies
- 22 -1/2 ounces package brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan that has been greased.
- In a skillet over low heat, melt butter.
- Add the brown sugar and pecans.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle over brownie mix.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Keep refrigerated. This recipe makes 12 regular cupcakes.
Other Apple Recipes You Will Enjoy
Fresh Apple Cake
Apple Dump Cake
Apple Turnovers – 2 Ingredients
Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese
Celebrate Fall with this fabulous Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese. It is the best sweet & salty combination, plus it is quick and easy to make. This excellent Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese includes peppered bacon, apples, cheddar cheese, bread, and sweet and spicy honey mustard.
Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Use a Spice Cake Mix to whip up these quick and easy Caramel Apple Cupcakes.
Fried Apples & Spiced Waffles
Southern Fried Apples are easy to make and so delicious. They are perfect as a side dish, over ice cream, cake, or over these spiced waffles using a cake mix. Cooking these Southern Fried Apples low and slow brings out the sweetness. These apples also include a secret ingredient, maple syrup.
Flaky Apple Pie Crumble
Amazing Apple Fritters
Ambrosia salad is sweet and good for you. This ambrosia is full of delicious fresh apples and oranges. The key to making ambrosia is fresh fruit. I am going to teach you easy steps to making ambrosia salad that I have been using since I was a little girl.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
You could easily make this slow cooker apple butter on your stove, but why bother when you could let your slow cooker do the work. You will need 4 pounds of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice to make this fabulous apple butter.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.