Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this super easy, delicious Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake.
Butterscotch And Toffee Work Perfectly Together
You may notice I bake a lot of desserts with the combination of butterscotch and toffee. It has become a family favorite combination of ingredients. I just had to add butterscotch and toffee to a carrot cake. To make this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake, I start with a baked carrot cake mix. Next, I poked holes in the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. Then, I added a jar of thick Butterscotch ice cream topping. Last, I top the carrot cake and butterscotch with a homemade cream cheese icing. I figured if I was saving time using a boxed cake at least I could make the icing homemade.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
The best part of a carrot cake is a homemade cream cheese frosting. After adding the icing to the cake, I added a bag of Heath English Toffee Bits. YUM! I hope you try this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake. It is fantastic!
The original recipe did not call for shredded carrots. The carrots add a lot to a carrot cake. I also added a homemade cream cheese icing topped with toffee bits. A carrot cake is not complete without the cream cheese frosting.
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS
If you are looking for other easy Easter treats, try the following:
- SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- EASTER OREO’S
- KRISPIE EASTER EGGS
- Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
- EASY COCONUT CAKE
- BEST LEMON TREATS
- UNLEAVENED COMMUNION BREAD RECIPE
- NO BAKE LEMON PIE
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- NO-BAKE COCONUT PIE
- Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
- Easy Lemonade Cake
Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- One box Betty Crocker Carrot Cake mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 -12- ounce jar of thick butterscotch topping
- 8 ounces package cream cheese softened
- One stick butter softened
- One tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - 8- ounce bag Heath English Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray a 9x13 inch pan
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs.
- Stir in the cup of shredded carrots.
- Bake in the 9x13 pan for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool, cake for 15 min.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- Pour the butterscotch topping over the warm cake.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- Frost the cake with this icing.
- Top the icing with the bag of Heath English Toffee Bits.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- PECAN PIE THAT NEVER FAILS
- PUMPKIN GINGER SNAP CRUNCH CAKE
- BUTTERFINGER CAKE
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- DUCK COMMANDER DUCK DYNASTY CREAM CHEESE PIE
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.