Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this super easy, delicious Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake.
Butterscotch And Toffee Work Perfectly Together
You may notice I bake a lot of desserts with the combination of butterscotch and toffee. It has become a family favorite combination of ingredients. I just had to add butterscotch and toffee to a carrot cake. To make this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake, I start with a baked carrot cake mix. Next, I poked holes in the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. Then, I added a jar of thick Butterscotch ice cream topping. Last, I top the carrot cake and butterscotch with a homemade cream cheese icing. I figured if I was saving time using a boxed cake at least I could make the icing homemade.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
The best part of a carrot cake is a homemade cream cheese frosting. After adding the icing to the cake, I added a bag of Heath English Toffee Bits. YUM! I hope you try this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake. It is fantastic!
The original recipe did not call for shredded carrots. The carrots add a lot to a carrot cake. I also added a homemade cream cheese icing topped with toffee bits. A carrot cake is not complete without the cream cheese frosting.
If you love fabulous desserts using cake mix, be sure to see this post: 25 EASY CAKE MIX DESSERTS
If you are looking for other easy Easter treats, try the following:
- SPRINGTIME SPRINKLES POUND CAKE
- EASTER OREO’S
- KRISPIE EASTER EGGS
- Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
- EASY COCONUT CAKE
- BEST LEMON TREATS
- UNLEAVENED COMMUNION BREAD RECIPE
- NO BAKE LEMON PIE
- STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- NO-BAKE COCONUT PIE
- Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
- Easy Lemonade Cake
Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake
- One box Betty Crocker Carrot Cake mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 -12- ounce jar of thick butterscotch topping
- 8 ounces package cream cheese softened
- One stick butter softened
- One tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - 8- ounce bag Heath English Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray a 9x13 inch pan
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs.
- Stir in the cup of shredded carrots.
- Bake in the 9x13 pan for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool, cake for 15 min.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- Pour the butterscotch topping over the warm cake.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- Frost the cake with this icing.
- Top the icing with the bag of Heath English Toffee Bits.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- PECAN PIE THAT NEVER FAILS
- PUMPKIN GINGER SNAP CRUNCH CAKE
- BUTTERFINGER CAKE
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- DUCK COMMANDER DUCK DYNASTY CREAM CHEESE PIE
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.