Thank you for stopping by and checking out this delicious Cayenne Ranch Dressing.
Are you a Cayenne Ranch fan? If so, you will love this Cayenne Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad. My kids love it. It is not hot but has a little kick that is delicious.
What is in this pasta salad?
This Cayenne Ranch pasta salad includes pasta, cheese, bacon, chicken, and Cayenne Ranch Dressing, which I made from a copycat OutBack Ranch Dressing.
When I find something my kids like to eat, I always try making it at home. My oldest daughter, Carly, loves the Cayenne Ranch dressing from Slim Chickens, which surprised me because she does not like a lot of spicy foods. She kept bragging about Slim Chickens Cayenne Ranch, so I decided to make my version of a Cayenne Ranch dressing. I used my homemade copycat Outback Ranch Dressing as the base and added enough Cayenne to give it some heat without being too spicy. This Cayenne Ranch dressing is delicious with chicken fingers, fries and more.
I decided to try using this Cayenne Ranch dressing to make a pasta salad. This time of year I make ahead several pasta salads and sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator to have ready to eat when we have no time. This is baseball season and my oldest son, Casey’s last year to play ball. He will be graduating in a few weeks. You never know when his games will be rained out, or he will have a last-minute doubleheader because of having games rained out. He also has away games which can be an hour or more from home. Traveling to away games makes for very late nights. It is so nice to have a pasta salad, sandwiches or both ready to eat before we go to the game, very late when we get home from a game, or even to take with us.
During baseball season, I normally have a large tub of ready-made sandwiches. Read more about my large container of sandwiches here in my How to Fill Up Teenagers post.
Back to my Cayenne Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad. I am always looking for a new pasta salad especially now that it is baseball season. This time, I decided to mix my Homemade Cayenne Ranch Dressing with chicken, cheese, bacon – see my Oven Fried Bacon Recipe, and pasta. When at the store this cucumber and fresh tomatoes did not look good, I would have loved to have added them to this salad. I will be making this easy pasta salad again and using some fresh vegetables in it soon.
- 1 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix (Buttermilk Recipe) – I used the entire 1-ounce package.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- One-fourth teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- And, ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Plus, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 12-ounce package of Rotini or your favorite pasta
- 1-1/2 cups of Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts, seasoned with 1 teaspoon of your choice of Taco, Fajita seasoning
- for each chicken breast, baked and chopped
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and chop into bite size pieces.
- Cook bacon. See my Easy Oven Fried Bacon Recipe.
- Cook the pasta according to the direction on the package.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped chicken, cooked pasta, and crumbled bacon.
- Combine all the other ingredients and mix well.
Some of my other favorite pasta salads on my blog include:
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.