Oh, how I love my Cast-Iron Skillet to make this Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Skillet Breakfast. Everything is made and baked in one skillet.
My cast iron skillet is another kitchen item I could not live without. How could I make this Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Skillet Breakfast without it? Who does not love only having to mess up one pan? I brown my sausage in my cast-iron skillet add my other ingredients and put it in the oven. It is so easy and not a lot of mess.
What do you fix for dinner when you did not have time to prepare anything?
I often get asked, “What do you fix for dinner when you did not have time to prepare anything, or you did not have something planned.” I plan dinner, or I have plenty of sandwiches already made in the refrigerator. We eat a lot of sandwiches during baseball season. My son Casey plays high school baseball.
I fix a huge tub full of sandwiches. We can grab a pre-made sandwich and take with us. I put them in an old gigantic Tupperware cake container. I keep this container full of sandwiches. Our favorites are Egg Salad and Chicken Salad, Roll-ups, along with all sorts of sub sandwiches.
Anyway, sometimes when schedules are changed, and I did not plan for a meal, I fix breakfast food. This Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Skillet is easy, delicious, and fast for last minute meal. Be sure to add the ground mustard; it makes a huge difference.
EASY CHEESY HASH BROWN EGG SKILLET BREAKFAST
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 4 Cups of Cubed Hash Browns thawed
- Ten large eggs
- One-half cup of milk
- One teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease your cast-iron skillet to keep this recipe from sticking.
- Brown the ground sausage in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- If your sausage does not have at least tablespoon of grease left in the skillet, add a tablespoon of butter or oil. This will help everything not stick to the skillet.
- Add the hash browns to the skillet on top of the sausage.
- Beat the eggs, milk, pepper, salt, and ground mustard well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and hash browns.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees about 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Test it will a knife or toothpick to see if the center is done.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.