If you enjoy Fajitas, you will love these Super Flavorful Chicken Fajitas & Spicy Black Beans. This post will detail every step to create both the fajitas and black beans.
You have to try both the Chicken Fajitas and the Spicy Black Beans soon. They would be perfect for Cinco De Mayo! See both recipes below.
What makes these Chicken Fajitas tastes terrific?
The flavor comes from a combination of several ingredients including lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt for the marinade. To layer the fajitas you will need, red onion, red and yellow bell pepper, avocado, Mexican cheese, salsa, and flour tortillas.
What will you need to make these Black Beans extremely delicious?
A combination of chili powder, onion powder, cilantro, Rotel, and sugar makes the black beans flavorful. What makes these easy is using can black beans.
I am a big fan of Mexican food which is easy to prepare and always full of flavor. This includes these fabulous Chicken Fajitas. They do have a lot more ingredients than most of my recipes especially my Mexican food, but they are worth it. Most of the ingredients in these fajitas are for the marinade which is too good to describe.
If you love Mexican food, you should try making some of my other favorite recipes for a Mexican feast.
- SPICY GUACAMOLE STUFFED AVOCADO-see picture below
- MEXICAN SAUCES AND DRESSINGS
- DELICIOUS MEXICAN CORNBREAD
- SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN
- CHEESY BEAN DIP SKILLET
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- EASY NACHOS
BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE IS THE BEST!
When recommending a product, I only recommend products I use and love. This includes my portable Blackstone Griddle. It was purchased to use while we are camping, but we loved it so much it stays in our backyard most of the time. It is portable and folds up in a nice carrying case. I cannot tell you enough how it makes the best burgers and steaks. They are fabulous, and so are these chicken fajitas.
If you would like to know more about this Blackstone Griddle, please see this previous post where I go into details about the features. You will also see a fabulous BBQ Bacon Burger recipe.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- Blackstone Portable Table Top Griddle for less than $80
- Professional Griddle Accessories
- Blackstone 17 Inch Table Top Griddle Carry Bag and Cover
- Cuisinart CMD-108 Melting Dome, Silver
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, about 2 large breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- FOR THE GRIDDLE OR PAN
- 1 red onion, sliced
- red & yellow bell pepper, cut into strips, optional
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Slice the chicken breast thin.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the chicken, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour to overnight.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion along with the chicken and marinade.
- Cook until chicken is done and marinade has reduced.
- This will only take about 10 minutes depending if your cooking surface is hot.
- Divide the chicken, onions among the tortillas.
- Top with avocado, cheese, and salsa.
- Tip: Heat the tortillas on the griddle or pan for a minute.
- Two 15 ounce cans black beans
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Can Rotel
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat.
- Simmer together for 20 minutes.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Please Share And Follow Along On Social Media
Hit the share buttons to the left of the page and share this post on your social media.
- Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
- Follow my travel blog, Our American Travels on Social Media.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.