If you enjoy Fajitas, you will love these Super Flavorful Chicken Fajitas & Spicy Black Beans.
This post will detail every step to create both the chicken fajitas and fabulous black beans.
You have to try both the Chicken Fajitas and the Spicy Black Beans soon. They would be perfect for Cinco De Mayo! See both recipes below.
Low Carb – Keto Diet
If you are on a low carb keto diet, you can still make these fabulous chicken fajitas. To make these Steak Fajitas Keto-friendly, use a small low carb tortilla and skip the salsa and onion. The chicken is so flavorful, and you will not miss them.
The carbs listed below include a regular flour tortilla and not a low-carb tortilla.
What makes these Chicken Fajitas tastes terrific?
The flavor comes from a combination of several ingredients, including lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt for the marinade. To layer the fajitas, you will need a red onion, red and yellow bell pepper, avocado, Mexican cheese, salsa, and flour tortillas.
What will you need to make these Black Beans incredibly delicious?
A combination of chili powder, onion powder, cilantro, Rotel, and sugar makes the black beans flavorful. What makes these easy is using can black beans.
How do you serve fajitas for a large group?
Arrange a table with bowls of sour cream, salsa, grated cheeses, sliced jalapeno, and lime wedges. Next, arrange flour tortillas on a large platter. Place the chicken with the onions and peppers in a large bowl or a slow cooker to keep them warm. Invite your guests to prepare their fajitas.
I am a big fan of Mexican food, which is easy to prepare and always full of flavor. This includes these fabulous Chicken Fajitas. They do have a lot more ingredients than most of my recipes, especially my Mexican food, but they are worth it. Most of the ingredients in these fajitas are for the marinade, which is too good to describe.
If you love Mexican food, you should try making some of my other favorite recipes for a Mexican feast.
Blackstone Griddle for Chicken Fajitas
When recommending a product, I only recommend products I use and love. This includes my portable Blackstone Griddle. It was purchased to use while we are camping, but we loved it so much it stays in our backyard most of the time. It is portable and folds up in a nice carrying case. I cannot tell you enough how it makes the best burgers and steaks. They are fabulous, and so are these chicken fajitas.
If you would like to know more about this Blackstone Griddle, please see this previous post to detail the features. You will also see a fabulous BBQ Bacon Burger recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
SUPER FLAVORFUL CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast about 2 large breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chipotle in adobo sauce minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- FOR THE GRIDDLE OR PAN
- 1 red onion sliced
- red & yellow bell pepper cut into strips, optional
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocado diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Slice the chicken breast thin.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the chicken, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour to overnight.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion along with the chicken and marinade.
- Cook until chicken is done and marinade has reduced.
- This will only take about 10 minutes depending if your cooking surface is hot.
- Divide the chicken, onions among the tortillas.
- Top with avocado, cheese, and salsa.
- Tip: Heat the tortillas on the griddle or pan for a minute.
Keto DietIf you are on a low carb Keto diet, you can still make these fabulous chicken fajitas. To make these Steak Fajitas Keto friendly, use a small low carb tortilla and leave off the salsa and maybe even the onion.
If you are not on a low carb diet, the following spicy black beans are an excellent side dish for Mexican food.
SPICY BLACK BEANS
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat.
- Simmer together for 20 minutes.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.