Thank you for stopping by and checking out this extremely delicious Chicken Pot Pie with Garlic Drop Biscuits recipe.
Are you looking for a great comfort food recipe? How about a delicious pot pie recipe that will feed a crowd?
This Pot Pie with Garlic Drop Biscuits is completely made in a Dutch Oven. I will never make a chicken pot pie any other way.
Do you need a delicious recipe to use the rest of your turkey? Use leftover Turkey instead of chicken. It is a great way to use up your leftover turkey.
I chopped my turkey up and exchanged it for the chicken in my Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
Everything was mix and cooked in a dutch oven.
I even cooked my biscuits on top of the pot pie before baking it. This Turkey Pie was so quick and easy to make. I started to make it in my cast iron skillet, but after adding a few ingredients, I realized it was not big enough. So, I decided to make it in my cast iron dutch oven. The Dutch oven gave it plenty of room to bubble without bubbling over in the oven. I put all the ingredients for this Turkey Pot Pie in my dutch oven on top of the stove.
Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
Next, I whipped up my Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits recipe and dropped the biscuits using an ice cream scoop right on top of the Turkey Pot Pie ingredients. After baking the pot pie until the biscuits were brown, and the Turkey Pie was bubbly, I removed it from the oven and added a mixture of melted garlic butter on top of the biscuits. I may never make a Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie any other way except using my dutch oven and topping it with Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits.
Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie with Garlic Drop Biscuits
This Pot Pie with Garlic Drop Biscuits is all made in a Dutch Oven. I will never make a chicken pot pie any other way.
- POT PIE
- 1 14 ounces can chicken broth
- One can condense cream of celery soup
- One can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- Three large chicken breasts OR about 3 1/2 cups chopped chicken or turkey cooked and cut into small pieces (I seasoned my chicken with salt,
- pepper and garlic before baking)
- One medium diced onion
- 1 pound frozen mixed veggies 16 ounces
- 1 teaspoon each salt pepper, and garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- One potato diced small and preboiled for 10 minutes
- Three eggs boiled and sliced
- DROP BISCUITS
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 - 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Two tablespoons real mayonnaise
- One tablespoon granulated sugar
- Garlic Butter -
- While the biscuits are hot out of the oven mix the garlic and butter together and brush on the biscuits.
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- One stick butter melted
- Recipe made in a 6 qt DUTCH OVEN
- Peel and dice the potato in small pieces.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- In a large dutch oven, mix the soups, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, diced onion, half & half, chopped chicken OR turkey, mixed vegetables, potatoes, and eggs and mix well.
- Mix the Garlic Cheese Garlic Biscuits
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop the biscuits on top of the Pot Pie in the Dutch oven.
- Bake, 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until the biscuits, are light brown, and the pot pie is bubbly. (Biscuits may take longer to brown)
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- ONE SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE
- FLAVORFUL CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ITALIAN PASTA BAKE DROP BISCUITS
- BEST EVER FRIED CHICKENThe Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pie
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.