Make a savory chicken pot pie with biscuits. This Pot Pie with Garlic Drop Biscuits is made quick and easy in a Dutch Oven.
Ingredients Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
For the chicken pot pie filling, you will need three large chicken breast (or leftover turkey), chicken broth, cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, half and half, onion, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, a potato, and boiled eggs.
You will need Bisquick baking mix, milk, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sugar, garlic powder, and butter for the biscuits. Plus, you will need a 6-quart dutch oven.
Turkey Pot Pie with Biscuits
Do you need a delicious recipe to use the rest of your turkey? Use leftover turkey instead of chicken. It is a great way to use up your leftovers. Chop your turkey and exchanged it for the chicken in this Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
Prepare and Bake in a Dutch Oven
The biscuits are prepared on top of the pot pie before baking it. This Chicken Pot Pie was so quick and easy to make. I started to make it in my cast iron skillet, but I realized it was not big enough after adding a few ingredients. So, I used my cast iron dutch oven. The Dutch oven gave it plenty of room to bubble without bubbling over in the oven. I prepared all the ingredients for this Pot Pie in my dutch oven on top of the stove.
What can be used instead of chicken breast?
- You can debone any chicken for a chicken pot pie.
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Leftover Chicken
- Leftover Turkey
What Vegetables Go In Chicken Pot Pie?
Besides using frozen mixed vegetables, you could use the following vegetables: fresh, frozen, or even can in your chicken pot pie. Thaw your frozen vegetables, drain your can vegetables, and steam your fresh vegetables before adding them to the chicken pot pie. Use your favorite family vegetables.
- Green Beans
- Chopped Asparagus
Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
Next, whip up the Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits recipe and drop the biscuits using an ice cream scoop right on top of the Chicken Pot Pie ingredients. After baking the pot pie until the biscuits are brown and the pot pie is bubbly, it is removed from the oven. Next, add the mixture of melted garlic butter on top of the biscuits.
As soon as the
What do you serve with Chicken Pot Pie?
- How about a salad? Any green salad would work well.
- Try a side dish of asparagus, broccoli, or even a broccoli salad. Any vegetable not already included in the chicken pot pie would work.
- You could also try a jello salad or fruit salad.
Do you have to serve another dish with Chicken Pot Pie?
No, It is full of vegetables, which make it a one-dish meal.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 large chicken breasts OR about 3 1/2 cups chopped chicken or turkeycooked and cut into small pieces (I seasoned my chicken with salt,
- 1 teaspoon pepper and garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound veggies 16 ounces, mixed
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper, and garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 potato diced small and preboiled for 10 minutes
- 3 eggs boiled and sliced
- DROP BISCUITS
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 - 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Garlic Butter -
- While the biscuits are hot out of the oven mix the garlic and butter together and brush on the biscuits.
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Recipe made in a 6 qt DUTCH OVEN
- Peel and dice the potato in small pieces.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- In a large dutch oven, mix the soups, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, diced onion, half & half, chopped chicken OR turkey, mixed vegetables, potatoes, and eggs and mix well.
- Mix the Garlic Cheese Garlic Biscuits
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop the biscuits on top of the Pot Pie in the Dutch oven.
- Bake, 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the biscuits, are light brown, and the pot pie is bubbly. (Biscuits may take longer to brown)
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
This Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is an easy way to make a pot pie. Everything is made and baked in a skillet, plus it uses a refrigerated pie crust.
Skillet chicken pot pie is not only made and cooked in the same skillet, but it is incredibly flavorful. The flavor explodes with onion, garlic, celery soup, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. As a result, this skillet chicken pot pie is fantastic, and a must fix for your family this fall.
Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie in Puff Pastry
These individual Chicken Pot Pie in Puff Pastry was inspired by my dinner at Disney’s Be Our Guest Restaurant. They are easy to make and the ultimate comfort food. You will need puff pastry, chicken breasts, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, and cream of chicken soup for this recipe. You will also need half and half, onion, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, a potato, and three boiled eggs.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Warm, delicious, and comforting is how you describe this Chicken Pot Pie Soup. This recipe turns chicken pot pie into a super easy to make comforting soup. To make this recipe, you will need chicken breast, cream of celery soup, chicken soup, half and half, and onion. You will also need mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, chicken broth, and a potato.
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.