What inspired me to create this Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry? My dinner at Disney’s Be Our Guest Restaurant.
CHICKEN POT PIE IN PUFF PASTRY
While visiting Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Florida this past summer, we ate dinner at Disney’s Be Our Guest Restaurant. See my review for Be Our Guest Restaurant on my travel blog, Our American Travels. Many times since eating there, I have thought about the delicious creamy, crunchy, seafood, stuffed pastry I ate. You can see the seafood stuffed pastry below. I did not feel like I could create the seafood filling with the creamy sauce, so I decided to add a comfort food we all enjoy to a puff pastry. My goal was to enjoy an individual crunchy pastry with a creamy filling. My family loves my Chicken Pot Pie recipe. Therefore, I added my creamy pot pie filling to a puff pastry that I individually cut. WOW! I cannot express to you how much we loved it! I think puff pastry is my new favorite kitchen item.
Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry Ingredients
This recipe filled 12 JUMBO Muffins plus 4 REGULAR size muffins. If you are using regular muffins tins, it will fill about 18 cupcakes. I used two packages of Puff Pastry dough. Each package has two sheets in it. To fill JUMBO Muffins tins, cut each sheet into fourths, cut in six pieces to fill regular muffin tins. After feeding my family, I had a few left over which were great the next day. I left the Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry in the muffin tins and wrapped it well with foil. When we ate it again, I unwrapped foil and warmed it up in the oven. You may find a better way, but this worked perfectly for me.
Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry
What inspired me to create this Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry? My dinner at Disney's Be Our Guest Restaurant.
- 1 can chicken broth
- And One can condense cream of celery soup
- Plus One can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- Three large chicken breasts cooked and cut into small pieces (I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic before baking)
- One medium diced onion
- 1 pound frozen mixed veggies 16 ounces
- One teaspoon each salt pepper, and garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- One potato diced small and pre-boiled for 10 minutes
- Three eggs boiled and sliced
- Peel and dice the potato into small pieces. Boil for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, mix the soups, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, vegetables, and diced onion and mix well.
- Stir in the chicken, potato, and sliced eggs.
- Flour a surface and roll the puff pastry out until the seams seal.
- Cut each sheet into four pieces if using a JUMBO MUFFIN tin. If using a REGULAR SIZED MUFFIN tin, cut each pastry sheet into six pieces.
- Place a piece of the puff pastry in each muffin tin.
- PRICK the bottom and sides of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Equally, fill the puff pastry forms with the Chicken Pot Pie filling.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. The crust will be golden brown on the top. When you remove one from the pan, it should be golden brown on the bottom and sides.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- ONE SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE
- FLAVORFUL CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ITALIAN PASTA BAKE DROP BISCUITS
- BEST EVER FRIED CHICKEN
- The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pie
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Sandwiches
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
Many Thanks & Blessings,
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.