Thank you so much for stopping by to check out this delicious Chili Cheese Dog.
A Chili Cheese Dog is delicious with these tips. Why eat fast food chili dogs when you can have a delicious homemade chili cheese dog?
Casey and my husband Jerry enjoy chili cheese dogs. They like the foot long Chili Cheese Dog from Sonic. I decided to see if I could make a better chili cheese dog. If I could, hopefully, my son and husband would look forward to eating it at home. I had a huge dutch oven full of my Homemade Chili. I had some chili leftover that was perfect for making a Chili Cheese Dog. I decided to kick the hot dog up I would fry it in a skillet with a little butter.
Growing Up, We Had Fried Bologna
When I was going up, we had fried bologna often. We would melt a little butter in a skillet and fry it. I loved smelling it. Since hot dogs are similar to Bologna, I decided to fry my hot dogs in a little butter. Frying bologna smelled the same amazing way as frying hot dogs when I was a kid. I do not buy bologna. When I buy hot dogs, I purchase 100% Kosher Beef Dogs, and I use wheat hot dog buns. I know hot dogs are not the best for you. I also know frying them in butter is horrible for you, but it was a treat, and it turned out incredibly delicious.
Toast The Hot Dog Bun
After toasting the hot dog bun with a little butter and in the skillet with the hot dog. The buttery goodness on the hot dog and bun was delicious. Next, I loaded it up with homemade chili; shredded cheese and onions chopped extremely small. This Chili Cheese Dog was a hit. My son even said he enjoyed it more than a Chili Cheese Dog from Sonic.
- Hot Dogs, all beef – I use Nathans or Hebrew National
- Hot Dog buns
- Homemade Chili – see recipe on blog
- onion diced small
- cheese shredded cheddar
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute the hot dogs until golden and juicy.
- Remove from the pan and add the hot dog buns face down in the skillet.
- You may need to add additional butter.
- Warm the hot dog buns until golden brown.
- BUILD YOUR CHILI CHEESE DOG
- Hot dog bun, hot dog, topped with lots of homemade chilies, onions and lots of shredded cheddar cheese.
Other Ways to Serve this chili.
When it gets cooler outside, chili is the perfect meal. If you are having a party or football gathering, try having a chili bar. There are so many ways to serve it. Try some of these ideas:
- A baked potato
- Add it directly to a bag of corn chips or nachos
- Over a or even hamburgers
- Chili Quesadillas with cheese
- In a cornbread casserole bake
- Make some
- Serve it in a bread bowl
- Make some .
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.