I am glad you landed on this BEST BREAKFAST EVER, chocolate gravy recipe.
Have you ever had Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits for Breakfast? If not, you are missing the best breakfast ever!
Chocolate gravy and biscuits is a southern favorite for breakfast. Yes, chocolate for breakfast. It is not difficult to make since I have found a way to make it much easier and perfect every time.
Southern Chocolate Gravy Recipe
If you have never tried chocolate gravy, I cannot stress to you what over-the-top chocolate treat for breakfast you are missing. Chocolate Gravy is my all time favorite breakfast. If you want to kick it up, serve it with bacon. The sweet and salty combination is fantastic!
“Ma Willie,” my husband’s grandmother made this even in her 90’s
I cannot eat this gravy without thinking about “Ma Willie,” my husband’s grandmother. She was from Tennessee where chocolate gravy is very common on the breakfast table. She was the one who introduced me to this fantastic gravy when I was just a teenager. Ma Willie passed away in 2008 at age 97. Thank you, Ma for introducing me to chocolate for breakfast.
Ma Willie and most people who make chocolate gravy, melt the butter and then add the flour for a roux. Next, they add the milk. I made chocolate gravy this way for years, but I now have a much easier way to make chocolate gravy. It always turns out smooth with no lumps. Adding the butter last gives the chocolate a glossy shine. I hope you enjoy this chocolate gravy as much as we do.
Please try it and let me know what you think. This is one recipe I wish I could fix for you to try. I know you will love it if you enjoy chocolate.
Chocolate Gravy & Biscuit Breakfast-Video
- 4 TB flour sifted
- 6 TB Cocoa sifted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup butter
- One teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk. (be careful not to burn it).
- Add sifted flour, cocoa, and sugar, and whisk constantly.
- Stir until thick and no lumps.
- Add butter and vanilla last.
- This recipe is easy and comes out smooth every time.
We know the love that God has for us, and we trust that love. God is love. Those who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 1 John 4:16
Breakfast Recipes You Should Try
- OVEN FRIED BACON EASIEST WAY COOK BACON
- HOMEMADE SAUSAGE GRAVY
- CHOCOLATE GRAVY & BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST
- CREAMY CHEESY GRITS
- SPRITE BISCUITS SUPER LIGHT FLUFFY
- WHY LEARN TO MAKE SOUTHERN BISCUITS?
- SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
- SOUTHERN PEACHES FRITTERS
- AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS
- PERFECT PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH
- CINNAMON PULL APART ROLLS
- MEATY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 3 INGREDIENTS FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER
- SKILLET BANANA BREAD CARAMEL
- FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
- STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY ORANGE CRESCENT ROLLS
- ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES
- LEMON POPPY SEED SCONES
- ORANGE POPPY SEED SCONES
- HAM SAUSAGE CHEESE EGG CASSEROLE CRESCENT ROLLS
- HASH BROWNS AND HAM SLOW COOKER CHEESY CASSEROLE
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKES – WAYSIDE RESTAURANT
- RICE & EGGS – MY DADDY’S DISH
- HASH BROWN EGG SKILLET BREAKFAST
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
GET THESE RECIPES SENT TO YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!
Best Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads & Soups
Many Thanks & Blessings,
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.