Thank you for stopping by and checking out this delicious chocolate dessert.
Are you looking for an easy chocolate layered dessert?
Chocolate Layered Dessert using Libby’s mini coupe individuals glasses makes such a lovely presentation.
Yes, I have written about this Chocolate Layered Dessert before. Click here to view additional pictures and the recipe on an earlier post.
This chocolate layered dessert includes four layers.
- Layer 1 – The first layer is simply making brownies according to the directions on the box. Allow them to cool. Cut them into inch size pieces or use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut the brownie to fit the dish.
- Second Layer – Creamy sweet cream cheese mixture.
- Third Layer – Instant chocolate pudding.
- Fourth Layer – Homemade Whipped Topping or Cool Whip.
Chocolate Layered Dessert Makes Great Presentation
This Chocolate Layered Dessert is definitely one of my favorite desserts. It would make a great dessert and presentation in these very cute glasses for Valentine’s Day. I just fell in love with these mini dishes after our Disney Cruise to Alaska this past year. You can read all about the cruise on Our American Travels. It seemed like all of the desserts on the ship were in these cute mini dishes. Libby has a variety of styles. You can top this chocolate layered dessert with homemade whipped heavy cream and decorative chocolate hearts.
These glasses are very small, only 4.4 ounces, which is a great way to have portion control, especially if your New Year’s goal was to drop a few pounds. Maybe if I learned how to eat a smaller portion of dessert, I would not gain as much weight. Desserts have always been my weakness, especially chocolate desserts.
Chocolate Layered Dessert-part 2
- FIRST LAYER – Make brownies according to the directions on the box. Allow them to cool. Cut them into inch size pieces or use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut the brownie to fit the dish.
- SECOND LAYER – Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 – 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool whip
- Use an electric mixer and blend together the cream cheese sugar, and Cool whip until smooth.
- THIRD LAYER – Chocolate Pudding
- 1-14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk NOT evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-3 ounce pack of Chocolate pudding
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the cold water. Whisk in the pudding until well blended. Refrigerate until it firms up.
- FOURTH LAYER – Cool Whip OR Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream it has more fat and whips better
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Make sure that everything is very cold before whipping the heavy cream including the heavy cream bowl, and the beaters. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Once the soft peaks form you can add the sugar. If you whip heavy cream to long, it will turn into butter so, what it carefully.
- Continue layering the dessert until you reach the top of the glass. Add a chocolate heart and some crumbled brownies or chocolate shavings to make it even more special.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.