This is the third recipe and second post today I am blogging about from Gooseberry’s Simple & Satisfying Recipes cookbook. You will love these easy Cookie Dough Cake Mix Cupcakes.
If you are a cookie dough fan, you will love this cookie dough cupcake recipe. These cupcakes have a surprise center filled with cookie dough. I loved how easy these cupcakes were to make using a cake mix and refrigerated cookie dough. This recipe called for a container of chocolate frosting that would have also made these easy to make. I have a great recipe for Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting that I use on everything. I added it to these cupcakes instead of the canned icing. They turned out incredibly yummy and were a big hit with my son’s high school football team.Print
- 18-1/4 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- Three eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 16-1/2 ounce tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 16-ounce container chocolate frosting
- 12 small cookies to decorate the cupcakes.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/3 full.
- Roll tablespoons of cookie dough into balls. This is a great job for kids.
- Place a ball into the center of each cupcake.
- Top with remaining batter 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick test clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Frost with chocolate frosting.
- Garnish with a small cookie.
- Makes two dozen.
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.