Which cornbread is your favorite? Broccoli Cheese? Jalapeno? Or Buttermilk Cornbread? This Bacon Broccoli Cheese Cornbread is a family favorite.
Which cornbread fits your personality? Keep reading to see what type of cornbread each of my family members are the most like.
Today, I decided to fix a pot of White Beans, which I grew up eating all the time. As a kid, I wasn’t that big of a fan of white beans. I have since grown to enjoy them especially when it gets chilly outside. Growing up, we always had cornbread to go with our beans that was the best part. I loved cornbread back then and I, love it now. Even though all my children seem to enjoy beans, I wanted to make the cornbread the star. So, we had a Cornbread Feast, which included Bacon Broccoli Cheese Cornbread, Jalapeno Cornbread, and Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread.
Having the three different kinds of cornbread on the same night reminded me of our family. Each family member has a special role in our family designed by God.
My husband is like the Jalapeno Cornbread.
He is always well seasoned and kicked up. You never know what kind of spice (happy dance) he is going to break out into. He is the goofy, happy, crazy, kicked-up with silliness personality most of the time. Just like the Jalapeno Cornbread that kicks up your mouth, you will never be bored when Jerry is in the house. He reminds me of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. He is always bouncing around in a happy mood.
Southern Buttermilk Cornbread
Southern Buttermilk Cornbread which represents someone who is a traditionalist. The cornbread never changes, but it always tastes good. I am dependable and get the job done which is just like a piece of Southern Buttermilk Cornbread. You can always count on cornbread to complete most any meal that you fix.
Our kids remind me of the Broccoli Cheese Cornbread.
When you add broccoli cheese, onion, and bacon to cornbread, it blends to make a perfect Bacon, Broccoli & Cheese Cornbread. Our children are just the right mix of both parents.
Can you believe I got all of this from a cornbread feast? Me either!
1 Cor. 12:12 "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ."
God made everyone different. If everyone was just like me, we may be too serious and never have much fun. If everyone was like my husband, we would always have fun and not get much done. God puts us together so that we could help each other out. Thank God our friends and family are not like us.
To make Broccoli and Cheese Cornbread, I mix up my Southern Buttermilk cornbread and add the following ingredients.
7 SIDE DISHES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
- 1 cup plain cornmeal (not cornmeal mix)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TB baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon Cajun Season
- 4 TB veggie oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed and chopped
- One medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 slices of bacon, cooked hard and crumbled
- 1 – 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 – 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Two eggs, beaten
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, Cajun season, sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- Add the broccoli, onion, bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese to the Buttermilk Cornbread Recipe below.
- Bake in a cast iron skillet that you have melted three tablespoons of butter in. I love my cast iron skillet, and cornbread is delicious cooked in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Also, follow my Buttermilk Cornbread recipe but add:
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped jalapeño and 3 ounces of pickled jalapeno juice. I use pickled jalapeño. It is best to use gloves when chopping jalapeño.
- Mix well and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.