Cream Spinach Skillet Chicken is an insanely flavorful quick and easy recipe. Chicken Breast is top with cream spinach, bacon, and gooey cheese.
I added a video below to show you how to make this crazy good Cream Spinach Skillet Chicken Breast.
What do you need to whip up this super easy skillet chicken?
Cream Spinach Skillet Chicken inspired by my Spinach Dip French Bread and my need to make quick and easy meals. This Cream spinach is a combination of cream cheese, Mayonaise, sour cream, Mozzarella cheese, Worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, spinach, bacon. It is then added on top of a sauteed chicken breast. If that is not tasty enough, I topped the cream spinach with bacon and additional gooey cheese. When heated over the chicken, every ingredient melts together to get a sumptuous, creamy, flavorful dinner.
Skillet On top of the stove Vs. Oven
This recipe comes together quickly in a skillet on the stove, but I under a lot of moms do not have time to stand by the stove until the chicken is done. I include tips for cooking this cream spinach skillet chicken breast several different ways.
First Tip: Cut Your Chicken Horizontally
Most moms are super busy with kids. If this is you and you want to make this recipe but do not have time to watch the skillet, cut your chicken breast in half horizontally. If you watch my video, you will see me cutting the chicken breast in half. The chicken will cook much faster plus it is great for portion control. Some chicken breast can be enormous. By slicing the chicken breast in half lengthwise, the chicken is much thinner and cooks quickly.
Second Tip: Pound Chicken Breast
If you do not want to cut your chicken breast in half, you can pound all your chicken breast to the same thickness. Trust me, beating your chicken is a lot of fun. Beating your meat is a great way to get your daily frustrations out. You may never cut your chicken breast again. When the chicken breasts are all the same thickness, it keeps the chicken from being underdone or overdone.
Instructions For Pounding Chicken Breast
- Trim the chicken. Trim any membranes or fat from the breasts with a knife or kitchen shears.
- Place the chicken in a bag. Working with one chicken breast at a time, place inside a gallon zip-top bag and seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible.
- OR Place the Chicken between to pieces of plastic wrap. You could also place the chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and then pound it out.
- Beat the chicken thin. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet, cast iron skillet, or rolling pin to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
Saute Your Chicken In Oven Safe Skillet
Chicken breasts are better if you can saute them in a skillet. If you are a super busy mom, save time by sauteing both sides quickly in an oven-safe skillet but not entirely done. Mix up the cream spinach in a bowl. Next, add the cream spinach, bacon, and cheese on top of the chicken and toss the skillet into the oven to finish cooking.
Oven Safe Skillet
I am using Gotham Steel cookware which sponsors World Food Championships. I am telling you I love this skillet. It is not only non-stick but it can go directly into the oven. WAHOO!! You can read more about Gotham steel cookware and bakeware in an earlier post.Print
This quick & easy Cream Spinach Skillet Chicken dinner. Seared chicken Breast top with spinach cream sauce. It is insanely delicious!
- 2 – large chicken breast
- And, one teaspoon black pepper
- one teaspoon seasoned salt
- a teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 – 10-ounce package fresh spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 slices Havarti or Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese in the mixture
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally, butterfly the chicken.
- Season each side of chicken breast with seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place a couple of tablespoon of vegetable oil in the skillet and cook chicken until it reaches 165 F. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken breast in the skillet.
- In a separate skillet or large pot, add two tablespoons butter and saute garlic.
- Mix in the cream cheese, heavy cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until melted.
- Wilt the spinach in the skillet with the cream cheese, heavy cream, and garlic.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Top the chicken breast with cream spinach, bacon, and Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with a lid until cheese is gooey.
- Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post. See the details about Gotham Steel Cookware in an earlier post here.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Sign up for my newsletters below. You will receive downloadable recipes plus updates letting you know when I add a new recipe.
Have a Fabulous Week!
Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread On Social Media
Other Easy Chicken Recipes You May Enjoy
- DEEP DISH BBQ CHICKEN SKILLET PIZZA
- BBQ SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST
- BBQ CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
- ONE SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE
Thank you for visiting! Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.