Growing up, my mother always made chocolate fudge during Christmas time. It was delicious and a special treat.
Today, I also try to make fudge during Christmas time. Except for one exception, I follow a basic recipe for Fantasy Fudge that is printed on the back of the 7 ounces KRAFT Marshmallow Creme. My exception and secret for extra creamy fudge is to whip it up using an electric mixer or immersion mixer while it is still hot. This makes the fudge incredibly light and creamy. See recipe and directions below.
FANTASY FUDGE RECIPE – Adapted from the back of KRAFT Marshmallow Creme.
Creamy Chocolate Fudge-Recipe
- FANTASY FUDGE RECIPE - Adapted from the back of KRAFT Marshmallow Creme.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup 1-1/2 sticks butter
- One can 5 ounces evaporated milk - DO NOT USE A 12 OUNCE CAN
- 3 cups semi-sweet Ghirardelli baking chips - KRAFT calls for 12 squares of Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chopped. (for a change use butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or another favorite type of chips).
- One jar 7 ounces Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans chopped - KRAFT calls for 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, parchment paper or grease it lightly with butter.
- Bring sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a boil in a large saucepan or CAST IRON DUTCH OVEN on medium heat.
- Stir the fudge regularly.
- It will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- If it burns, you have to start all over.
- Boil until the candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F. This is just before "soft ball" stage which is 235 to 240 degrees F.
- Once the fudge reaches 234 degrees, remove it from the heat immediately
- At this time, combine the chocolate chips and the marshmallow creme and mix with an electric mixer on low.
- I use a hand-held mixer. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SPLASH THE HOT FUDGE ON YOU. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the pecans and the vanilla by hand.
- Pour into a prepared pan.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into small pieces.
- Layer the fudge in an airtight container using wax paper or parchment paper between layers.
- *Please be extremely careful when cooking candy. It can be dangerous if it gets on your skin. It is a great idea to keep children and animals out of the kitchen while cooking candy.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.