Heavy cream makes this peanut butter pie so light and fluffy. It is a creamy delicious treat.
My family loves the peanut butter pie from Original Oyster House. They have two locations one in Mobile, Alabama and Gulf Shores, Alabama. Their peanut butter pie is mile high and incredibly creamy. While on vacation or visiting my family in Mobile, we always have to eat at the Original Oyster House not only for their fantastic seafood but a piece of the peanut butter pie.
This Peanut Butter Pie is an extra light creamy and fluffy.
My original recipe I used to make peanut butter pie called for a non-dairy topping to mix into the filling, but I decided to add heavy cream. I slowly added the heavy cream to the cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners sugar to make an extra light and fluffy filling. My family tells me it is just as good as Original Oyster House’s peanut butter pie. YEAH!
This Pie is super easy to make and only takes a couple of minutes, but you do need to allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight or more to firm up.
How to serve this Peanut Butter Pie?
This light and super fluffy pie is perfectly topped with an Oreo or two, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, or Reese Pieces, which are beautiful colors for fall.
If you are looking for an easy pie that you do not have to bake, try this Light and Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie. We enjoy it.
Oreo Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie – Adapted from Humana Hospital Cookbook – East Montgomery 1987 – I used a 9-1/2 inch pie plate. I substituted whipped heavy cream instead of a non-dairy topping.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe Here
Creamy Peanut Butter Oreo Pie
- OREO CRUST:
- 30 Oreos crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- PEANUT BUTTER PIE FILLING:
- 12 ounces Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese soften
- 1/2 box 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - 10- ounce pack Reese's mini pieces OR one 8 ounce pack of Peanut Butter cup minis
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- OREO CRUST:
- Add the crushed Oreos and butter together in a food processor or blender.
- Pack into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- Using a mixer, beat together the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, and cream cheese.
- Whip up the heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer. It should be stiff but not butter.
- Fold the whipped heavy cream into the Peanut Butter Mixer. Instead of the whipped heavy cream, you can use 16 ounces Cool Whip.
- Add the filling to the Oreo pie crust OR purchase a store bought Oreo pie crust.
- Refrigerate at least overnight to allow it to firm up.
- For the whipped topping: Meanwhile, whisk the cream cheese, heavy cream, and 1/3 sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Mound the whipped topping on top of the pie and sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips Or Reese’s pieces.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.