Are you looking for a delicious baked chicken recipe? This Baked Fried Chicken recipe is crispy and super flavorful.
I love Fried Chicken! I have tried many Baked Fried Chicken Recipes to see if they measure up to my standards. See my favorites.
It is no secret I love Fried Chicken. To me, it is the perfect food.
Fried chicken is crispy crunchy juicy and incredibly flavorful or, at least, it should be. I have worked for years to develop the perfect seasonings for my fried chicken. See my Fried Chicken recipe here. I decided to try my combination of seasonings for fried chicken on this baked fried chicken. It is a rather lengthy list of typical seasonings, but every seasoning works together to create an amazing flavor. To make this baked chicken crispy, I replaced the flour with Panko breadcrumbs. The chicken indeed turned out crispy with the same flavorful taste as my fried chicken. To make this chicken juicy, I soaked it in buttermilk overnight. I will save my Fried Chicken for special occasions and from now on bake this Crispy Oven Fried Chicken.
Recently, I purchased a Philips Airfryer. I love my Airfryer so much I now have two which should allow me to fry enough food for my entire family. The Philips Airfryer is a great way to fry everything without any oil and only AIR. The Airfryer is a little small for my large family, so I now have two. I will be trying this Crispy Baked Fried Chicken in it soon. Since everything I have tried in my Airfryer has been super crispy, I know this Crispy Baked Fried Chicken will be too. I will let you know how it turns out. But for now, try this Baked Crispy Fired Chicken in your oven.
My secrets to crispy, flavorful Baked Fried Chicken Recipe!
- Marinate the chicken overnight in buttermilk.
- Mix up a fantastic combination of spices to add to crispy Panko bread crumbs.
- Drizzle the Butter Honey Pecan Glaze over the chicken for a delicious sweet, crunchy salty, flavorful piece of crispy fried chicken.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and download these recipes FREE.
- Eight pieces chicken
- 4 cups Panko
- 2 TB paprika
- Three teaspoons garlic powder
- One tsp onion powder
- Three teaspoons celery salt
- And, Three teaspoons seasoned salt
- Three teaspoons ground black pepper
- Three tsp oregano
- Three tsp thyme
- Three teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- One tsp dry mustard
- Three teaspoons baking powder
- 1-quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (this chicken is NOT spicy)
- 1/2 cup butter
- And, 1/2 cup honey
- plus, 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce in a large ziplock bag or two of them.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Mix the seasonings together with the Panko in a large flat container.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk one piece at a time and cover with Panko and seasonings.
- Place a cooking rack in 13 x 17 baking sheet sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- degree oven Bake 45 minutes on lowest oven rack.
- Bake 400 degrees oven for 45 minutes on the lowest oven rack.
- Heat the butter and honey until melted and warm.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Drizzle over chicken for a deliciously sweet, crunchy salty, flavorful piece of fried chicken.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.