Do you love Fried Chicken? This Bake Fried Chicken will measure up to your standards. It is full of super flavor and crispy.
It is no secret I love Fried Chicken. To me, it is the perfect food.
Fried chicken is crispy crunchy juicy and incredibly flavorful or, at least, it should be. I have worked for years to develop the perfect seasonings for my fried chicken. See my Fried Chicken recipe here. I decided to try my combination of seasonings for fried chicken on this baked, fried chicken. It is a rather lengthy list of typical seasonings, but every seasoning works together to create a fantastic flavor. To make this baked chicken crispy, I replaced the flour with Panko breadcrumbs. The chicken indeed turned out crispy with the same flavorful taste as my fried chicken. To make this chicken juicy, I soaked it in buttermilk overnight. I will save my Fried Chicken for special occasions and from now on bake this Crispy Oven Fried Chicken.
I love my Philips Airfryer so much I now have two which should allow me to fry enough food for my entire family. The Philips Airfryer is a great way to fry everything without any oil and only AIR. The Airfryer is a little small for my large family, so I now have two. I will be trying this Crispy Baked Fried Chicken in it soon. Since everything I have tried in my Airfryer has been super crispy, I know this Crispy Baked Fried Chicken will be too. I will let you know how it turns out. But for now, try this Baked Crispy Fired Chicken in your oven.
My secrets tips to crispy, flavorful Baked Fried Chicken Recipe!
- Marinate the chicken overnight in buttermilk.
- Mix up the fantastic combination of spices to add to crispy Panko breadcrumbs. The seasoning includes paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, Seasoned salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and Cajun seasoning.
- Drizzle the Butter Honey Pecan Glaze over the chicken for a deliciously sweet, crunchy salty, flavorful piece of crispy fried chicken.
Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Eight pieces chicken
- 4 cups Panko
- 2 TB paprika
- Three teaspoons garlic powder
- One tsp onion powder
- Three teaspoons celery salt
- And Three teaspoons seasoned salt
- Three teaspoons ground black pepper
- Three tsp oregano
- Three tsp thyme
- Three teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- One tsp dry mustard
- Three teaspoons baking powder
- 1- quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce this chicken is NOT spicy
- 1/2 cup butter
- And 1/2 cup honey
- plus 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce in a large ziplock bag or two of them.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Mix the seasonings together with the Panko in a large flat container.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk one piece at a time and cover with Panko and seasonings.
- Place a cooking rack in 13 x 17 baking sheet sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 400 degrees oven for 45 minutes on the lowest oven rack.
- Heat the butter and honey until melted and warm.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Drizzle over chicken for a deliciously sweet, crunchy salty, flavorful piece of fried chicken.
Did you sign up for our newsletter? Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.