This Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is so moist, tender, and full of flavor. Toss the stroganoff in the slow cooker and let it do all the work. It is a flavorful hearty meal your family will love.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
When I serve beef stroganoff, you can hear a pin drop on the table because of the silence. Everyone enjoys beef Stroganoff. This crock pot beef stroganoff is so tender you can tear it apart with a fork. If you enjoy Beef Stroganoff, you have to try this delicious recipe.
Ingredients Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
You will need the following for this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff include bacon, mushrooms, onion, sirloin steak, beef broth, mushroom soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, flour, and egg noodles.
What is stroganoff?
It is a dish with meat sauteed with onion and mushrooms and cooked in a sauce of seasonings. Stroganoff always includes sour cream.
History Beef Stroganoff
The history of beef stroganoff can be traced back to the 18th century in Russia. Stroganoff did not come to America until the 1930’s. It became popular in America at elegant dinner parties to serve Beef Stroganoff in the 1950’s and 1960’s Today, it is still popular in restaurants and homes all over America and Russia.
First Step: Bacon for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Second Step: Sirloin Steak
Third Step: Vegetables, Soup, & Seasoning
Fourth Step: Cook Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Fifth Step: Serve Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
What goes well with beef stroganoff?
Try the following side dishes when serving beef stroganoff.
- Egg Noodles is the most common and traditional side dish with beef stroganoff.
- Bread is an excellent choice to be able to absorb all the amazing sauce.
- Mashed potatoes can be used instead of egg noodles. The stroganoff acts as a gravy for the potatoes.
- Rice is also a great substitute for egg noodles.
- Bake sweet potato makes a fabulous side dish.
- Green beans are always a favorite side dish.
Recipe for Beef Stroganoff – adapted from Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee Cookbook.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running, but it won’t cost you a penny more).
Please see my disclosure.
Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff-Recipe
- Recipe for Beef Stroganoff - adapted from Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee
- 6 slices bacon fried crispy, crumble and save the grease
- 8 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion diced small
- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream stir in crock-pot just before serving
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic granulated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper 1/2 tsp each to season the beef before you saute it and 1/2 tsp each to put into the crock-pot
- egg noodles
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove from the skillet and crumble.
- Sprinkle the beef with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Brown in bacon grease.
- Place the beef in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Add the chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and one tsp granulated garlic to the crock-pot.
- Add the other 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Just before serving, stir in the sour cream and crumbled bacon.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Other Fall Slow Cooker Favorites
Slow Cooker Cajan Smothered Steak
This Slow Cooker Cajun Smothered Steak is cooked low and slow in the Slow Cooker until it is fork-tender. It is the perfect flavorful, hearty meal.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3-1/2 pounds round steak or cube steak
- salt & pepper
- bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lipton onion soup mix
- Cajun Seasoning
Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing
This Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing includes all the smells and flavors of fall foods. It will remind you of a delicious Thanksgiving feast.
You will need the following for this chicken & stuffing recipe: chicken breast, swiss cheese, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, eggs, milk, salt & pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Chicken & Dumplings Slow Cooker
Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings are much easier to make than the homemade version. Let your slow cooker do all the work when making delicious comfort food.
You will need the following for this Chicken & Dumplings Crock Pot: chicken breast, celery, onion, bay leaves, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, salt & pepper, Cajun seasoning, poultry seasoning, and refrigerated biscuits.
Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe & Secrets
Do you want to make meatloaf and have people rave about it? Your family will love this Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe. This recipe is full of tips and secrets.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Lasagna is homemade comfort food and a favorite dish for everyone. Why not give this Slow Cooker Lasagna a try and make everyone happy.
There is nothing like a good lasagna, and this slow cooker lasagna makes cooking lasagna a little easier. To make it easier to prepare, you do not even have to cook the noodles. This recipe includes enough sauce so that you can layer the lasagna noodles without cooking them first. You layered everything in the slow cooker and cooked on low for four hours. After that, the irresistible goodness is ready for you to enjoy.
Easy Beef Stroganoff Stovetop Recipe
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.