This Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is so moist, tender and full of flavor.
History Beef Stroganoff
The history of beef stroganoff can be traced back to the 18th century in Russia. Beef Stroganoff did not come to America until the 1930’s. It became popular in America at elegant dinner parties to serve Beef Stroganoff in the 1940’s. Today, it is still popular in restaurants and homes all over America and Russia. I loved Beef Stroganoff but did not realize its origin until adopting our two children. While in Russia, I found out about the history of Beef Stroganoff. Since Russia is a part of my children’s history, I try to serve it every couple of months.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
When I serve it, you can hear a pin drop on the table because of the silence. I noticed this past time how quiet everyone was. They were all enjoying their Stroganoff. This crock pot version makes the meat so tender you can tear it apart with a fork. If you enjoy Beef Stroganoff, you will love this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
One way to support adoption is through SHOW HOPE. They give money to families who want to adopt but might not have the financial resources to do so.
James 1:27 (NIV) “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
Recipe for Beef Stroganoff – adapted from Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee Cookbook.
Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff-Recipe
- Recipe for Beef Stroganoff - adapted from Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee
- Six slices bacon fried crispy, crumble and save the grease
- 8- ounce pack of sliced mushrooms
- One large onion diced small
- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- One can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream stir in crock-pot just before serving
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- One teaspoon each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp each to season the beef before you saute it and 1/2 tsp each to put into the crock-pot
- Cooked egg noodles
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove from the skillet and crumble.
- Sprinkle the beef with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Brown in bacon grease.
- Place the beef in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Add the chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and one tsp granulated garlic to the crock-pot.
- Add the other 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Just before serving, stir in the sour cream and crumbled bacon.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.