Use your slow cooker to Make the Best Crock-Pot Green Bean Casserole.
When you have so much food to bake during the holidays in the oven, do not forget about your crock-pot. This Crock-Pot Green Bean casserole cooks perfectly in a slow cooker. Once it gets done, just turn the crock-pot to warm. The Crock-Pot will keep it hot. You will not have to reheat this Green Bean Casserole just before serving them.
My family just loves Green Beans, especially a Green Bean Casserole during the holidays. I made the Campbell’s recipe for green bean casserole for years. One day, I decided to change it up. I not only added lots of cheese, but I made it in my crock-pot. The cheese makes this Crock-Pot Green Bean Casserole creamy and delicious.
You can make this recipe in the oven.
Use a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake it for about 30 minutes until it is bubbly around the edges.
- As these beans cool down, they will thicken up.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products, BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
Crock-Pot Cheesy Green Beans-Recipe
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper I also add 1/4 tsp seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 cans green beans 14 1/2 ounce cans green beans, drained OR 2 (9 ounces) pack frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 ounce French's French Fried Onions 1 cup to mix inside the recipe and the rest to top the green bean casserole
- Mix soup, milk, 1 cup French's onions, pepper, seasoned salt, garlic, 1 cup cheese, and drained green beans.
- Spray the crock-pot with a cooking spray and add the green bean mixture.
- Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Cook on low about 3 hours or on high 2 hours.
- Once it is heated thoroughly and BUBBLING, turn the crock-pot to warm until ready to serve. The green beans will thicken up as they cool.
- About eight servings in this recipe.
- I used a 5-quart crock-pot. I had plenty of room to double or triple this recipe.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
100% Free 30-page ebook Cooking Tips & Hacks including Quick and Easy Recipes
...So you can spend precious time with your family around the table enjoying a meal together.