Use your slow cooker to make the Best Crock Pot Cheesy Green Beans
When you have so much food to bake during the holidays in the oven, do not forget about your crockpot. This Crock Pot Cheesy Green Bean casserole cooks perfectly in a slow cooker. Once it gets done, just turn the crockpot to warm. The Crock Pot will keep it hot. You will not have to reheat Crock Pot Cheesy Green Bean just before serving them.
My family just loves Green Beans especially a Green Bean Casserole during the holidays. I made the Campbell’s recipe for green bean casserole for years. One day, I decided to change it up. I not only added lots of cheese, but I made the green beans in my crock pot. The cheese makes the green beans creamy and delicious.
You can make these Green Beans in the oven.
Use a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake it about 30 minutes until it is bubbly around the edges.
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Tip:
- As the green beans cool, they will thicken up. These green bean casserole pictures were taken while hot.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- COLLEGIATE SLOW COOKERS
- MY SLOW COOKER EBOOK
- SLOW COOKERS
- ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
- SLOW COOKER COOKBOOKS
See more of my Southern Comfort Food here. 50 CLASSIC SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
Crock-Pot Cheesy Green Beans-Recipe
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper I also add 1/4 tsp seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 cans green beans 14 1/2 ounce cans green beans, drained OR 2 (9 ounces) pack frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 ounce French's French Fried Onions 1 cup to mix inside the recipe and the rest to top the green bean casserole
- Mix soup, milk, 1 cup French's onions, pepper, seasoned salt, garlic, 1 cup cheese, and drained green beans.
- Spray the crock-pot with a cooking spray and add the green bean mixture.
- Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Cook on low about 3 hours or on high 2 hours.
- Once it is heated thoroughly and BUBBLING, turn the crock-pot to warm until ready to serve. The green beans will thicken up as they cool.
- About eight servings in this recipe.
- I used a 5-quart crock-pot. I had plenty of room to double or triple this recipe.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Ultimate Green Bean Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole Bites
- CROCK POT CHEESY GREEN BEANS
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- BEST CANNED GREEN BEANS
- BEST SOUTHERN WHITE BEANS
- SOUTHERN BLACK-EYE PEAS
- CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS IN CROCKPOT
- PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- CROCK POT PULLED PORK BBQ
- LEFTOVER CANDY BARS? Make Brownie Sundae
Download 50 Southern Side Dishes Plus Salads and Sandwiches
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.